Thread: Come to play every night...

Default Come to play every night...

and you might have success.

So inconsistent.I'm not sure the win one lose one system is a good one.

They did come to play...just in the end, the Pats out played them. The Wheaties took it to the Pats in the first and most of the second as the Pats got caught several times not being able to get the puck out of their end and werent able to change'em up. Rowat then stepped in and played like we know he can. I thought it was a very good game over all. Both teams played very well. Though I have to say, I dont know how your guys get away with the stuff they do. It seems every time they hit a player, they throw them to the ice as well. And the officiating... not impressed. Topilko's hit on Delahay was clear charging. Was skating hard from in front of the net to the corner and didnt stop till he hit him. Delahay was on the ice for about 5mins. It's not really good to say after a player gets hurt, but what goes around comes around, as Topilko also spent some time on the ice after a hit from close hit from Festerling. And I was blown away after the Brandon player skated through Rowat...not that there should have been a penalty as I feel Rowat didnt have to go behind the net at the time, but the fact that he was knocked on his ass, loses his blocker, stick, and his helmet, and the ref didnt blow the play dead. And im not sure what started the Reich/Erb fight, but Reich layed some good ones on him for the win.

Thats all I have to say. Good, entertaining game.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 01-01-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Iconwhl

I must say todays game wasnt 1 of the most complete games the Pats have played but they still got a win....

As for the Delahey hit i didnt see the hit as i was watching the puck come up the ice. But the hit on Tolpilko it was Schria who hit him from behind drove his head into the glass with his elbow, a total miss call by Weiler. Also the Reich and Erb fight fight happened during a line change Reich came off the bench (a well rested Reich to note) and he went right after Erb as Erb was going off the ice for his line change (to note a tired Erb after his shift) the fight right from the start was advantage Reich and he took full advantage of it by landing alot of punches.

In the 1st periond and half the Wheaties had numerous of chances to bury the Pats early with there PPs but Rowat was there to shut the door all game. At about the 10 min mark of the 2nd period the Wheaties were outshooting the Pats 20-5 (sure a good 70% of the Wheaties shots were on the PP). Im not sure if the Wheaties always run there PP like how they did today but they were always trying to come out of the corner with a shot and Rowat was able to direct any rebounds the did occur off this to the far corner. I would of thought that after the 1st period PPs the Wheaties would of tried a few more point shots from Kohn or Boyle and try for screens/deflect/rebounds but they kept on with the corner stuff throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    But the hit on Tolpilko it was Schria who hit him from behind drove his head into the glass with his elbow, a total miss call by Weiler.
    Ok...from where i was, it looked like Festerling...but Schira makes more sense...and if thats the case, then Im pretty sure their was some intent there. Like I said...he had it coming for his hit on Delahay.