Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Default I'm hoping that info is wrong

I can't shake the feeling that something is going to go down tomorrow, and it'll have a big impact on the Broncos. Whether it's good or bad, I just know something's gonna happen. Possibly involving Moir and a D-man.

Personally, I would like to see the Broncos stay put and not make any moves. The team is developing a chemistry, and I'm not sure Dean wants to shake things up too much and end up like Prince George. But, he has made some very good moves in the past. We'll just have to wait and see.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

There has been some talks on here about possibly Crowley being on the move. I agree, he is one of our best d man if not the best. He is only 19, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he go deep into Tampa Bay's camp next year? Maybe, if the rumors are correct, that dean thinks that Dane won't be around next year or Moir so why not trade them now. Could somebody please give feedback regarding these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge
    There has been some talks on here about possibly Crowley being on the move. I agree, he is one of our best d man if not the best. He is only 19, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he go deep into Tampa Bay's camp next year? Maybe, if the rumors are correct, that dean thinks that Dane won't be around next year or Moir so why not trade them now. Could somebody please give feedback regarding these comments.
    I would agree with trading those 2 players if it were for the right price and not draft picks we need players now. And from the sounds of Dean's convo with jon it sounds like dean feels the same way.

Anyone know how many picks we currently have for the 2007 bantam draft?

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    Anyone know how many picks we currently have for the 2007 bantam draft?
    Hmm good question.. I know we lost our 3rd round pick in the trade for Molle.

It would have to be an awful sweet deal for these two to be moved. I can't see Crowley/Wiese going to Brandon. Heck were trying to catch them as we are in the same division now. Why would we give one of of top two D men and one of our more gritter players to the team we are trying to catch?

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    It would have to be an awful sweet deal for these two to be moved. I can't see Crowley/Wiese going to Brandon. Heck were trying to catch them as we are in the same division now. Why would we give one of of top two D men and one of our more gritter players to the team we are trying to catch?

Scout
    I'd like to agree but take a look at our 19yo. RJ, Wilson, Crowley, Rakos & Leavold. I don't see us carrying three 20yo defensemen next year. I'm not saying Crowley is the odd man out but you have to put something on the table to get something in return and with a good TB camp last year he may not return anyway next season.

I also thought Leavold might be tossed around but with this illness its pretty doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    I'd like to agree but take a look at our 19yo. RJ, Wilson, Crowley, Rakos & Leavold. I don't see us carrying three 20yo defensemen next year. I'm not saying Crowley is the odd man out but you have to put something on the table to get something in return and with a good TB camp last year he may not return anyway next season.

I also thought Leavold might be tossed around but with this illness its pretty doubtful.
    True i don't think either one of those 2 will be back next year.. But i definiatly can not see us trading with with brandon that makes no sense at all. specially letting go of weise? let's hope that one doesn't fall throuhgh or anything relatively simular

This trade doesn't make sense to me. We'd be giving up combined 48 points for 37. Not to mention the leadership of Crowley and work ethic of Weise. Erbs 2 points and 57 pim dont even come close to Crowleys 19 points and 96 pim. Dean, say it ain't so!

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    This trade doesn't make sense to me. We'd be giving up combined 48 points for 37. Not to mention the leadership of Crowley and work ethic of Weise. Erbs 2 points and 57 pim dont even come close to Crowleys 19 points and 96 pim. Dean, say it ain't so!
    Clarke has 35 pt so far to Weise's 29 and Erb has missed 24 games this season with a torn trapezius muscle in his upper back but is back playing. I still don't think Erb is in Crowley's league and I also don't like trading with Brandon but it could be a good move for the future. If it is Dean's the guy to get it done.