Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Klotz gets suspended and Gauther doesnt...

Default So Klotz gets suspended and Gauther doesnt...

All I can say is wow. The league is blind. Really do hope Gauthier gets it next time they play.

Klotz got Suspended for 3 games for the Gross Misconduct.
    Gauthier got suspended 1 game for the checking from behind major on MacAngus
    The Suspensions list: http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

I agree with those suspensions. 3 games seems steep but I can't defend what Klotz did, not acceptable and he needs to know that. Plus starting a scrap in the last 10 seconds of a game. Sure Thelen his Patterson a split second after the whistle. My thought is if he's starting something that late he is trying to pull a tidball and get everyone in on it. 3 games for 3 birds (that I saw). Seems just fine to me.

I like watching Klotz play but after what he did. That was not called for and its a discrase for him, the blades and the WHl.

I think that a checking from behind major should be a bigger suspension than giving the finger. Yes I agree that Klotz was out of line for his antics, but don't you think that someone should get a heavier penalty for potentially crippling someone than someone giving the finger??? 3 games was way to much for Klotz, one yes, but 3 no.

Default This is pretty funny...

So the league suspends one player for hitting a guy from behind which could've been a lot worse then it was for one game.

They then suspend a player from the same game three games because he gave someone the finger.

That makes no sense whatsoever, its basically telling the players that if checking a guy from behind is better then giving a someone the finger which is harmless.
    Last edited by Trav; 01-09-2007 at 03:35 PM.

when players in the NHL taunt they get suspended but there are alot of fans that probably find that offensive. Families bring there kids to Blades Games. I think 3 games is just fine. Checking from behind happens almost every game, not always but still. This is the first time i have seen a player flipping the bird. I think maybe the WHL wanted to give him a big suspension just to let him know what he did and so on. if he got 1 game it probably wouldn't even cross his mind so maybe thats what the WHL intensions were!

Default So why not have given Guathier a longer

suspension as well cuz I bet he'll do it again. The players know they can get away with it cuz the league is so friggin soft when it comes to that stuff.

there have been 6 CHecking from behind suspensions this year. 5 of them have only recieved a 1 game suspension and the other one was a 7 game suspension. The league probably see this so much that its a easy suspension but a gross misconduct... I have never heard of that before. The league wants to keep hockey with leadership, honor...etc but when they see a player flipping the bird, that probably came to them off gaurd. every suspersions should be alot longer then 1 game, it doesn't go through the players head when he only sits out on game.

http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

A lot of checking from behind penalties are a result of the offender just being a little over aggressive in trying to make the big hit, most of the time they aren't deliberately trying to injure the player. There is absolutely nothing accidental about flipping off the opposition bench or the fans, and it makes that team and the league look like a joke if they don't come down hard on the offender.