Thread: New look Blades?

Post New look Blades?

with the addition of Dulle,Cuthbert,and Hulak,and departure of MacAngus.

What do you think the new line combos will be?

Also the injuries to Konecny,McCrae,Zahn,and Visnak, and the suspension to Klotz.

The Blades had 16 forwards and 8 defencemen from the Seattle game on Tuesday,and now after the trade deadline have 18 forward and still 8 defencemen(two injuries on the backend(Visnak,he could be returning,he was only listed as day to day,and Zahn's injury appears to be a serious one.

I still think the Blades Blueline still looks thin and with anymore injuries back there they could be in trouble. Visnak should be back this weekend I would think.

The 3 new acquisitions(Dulle,Hulak and Cuthbert) will definatly help out as Konecny and now McCrae is out indefinatly. Will Braid and Belyk stay with the team? I am sure that the Saskatoon Blazers want those two back in their line-up. with 3 new forwards I would think that they would be sent back. Just something else to think about.

what are everyone's opinons?

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

I see Hulak as being a 1st or 2nd line guy for Saskatoon. Very good on the PP. Responsible in his own zone. Blades fans are going to love this kid. He was diffently in the Pats future plans, but other circumstances dictated the trade.
    Good luck in Saskatoon, Hulak. And I hope that things go well with the family.

Braid and Belyk will definately not be brought up again with these new trades here. I think Hulak will replace Konecny for the time being until he is back. I can see Gillies moving up to replace Mccrae until he is back as well. As for Dulle and Cuthbert I have no clue where they will be placed. Defence is looking bad for us, if Zahn is now out along with Funk for a while, we better hope no one else gets hurt back there, but I think that Cole and Logan will be able to hold things together. Ward has been playing good as of lately, and we may be bringing up Berg a couple more times. Maybe either Cuthbert or Dulle will play D, unlikely but who knows, they may be versatile that way.

given saskatoons injury and suspension situation, and lack of natural centres i'd expect some guys to potentially be playing out of position.

hulak will probably be put on the left of one of the top two lines with cameron being the other top left winger. geric and crowley will fill out the third and fourth lines on the left side for know.

gillies will probably now be the top line centre. patterson will move up to the third line and potentially the second. i'm thinking cloud will move to centre, and maybe dulle? did i read somewhere he has played both wing and centre?

on the right side menei is your top line guy. cuthbert and macaulay will be reversible two and three. wintoneak fills out the fourth line.

so my guess for now until everybody is back....

cameron-gillies-menei
    hulak-cloud-macaulay
    crowley-patterson-cuthbert
    geric-dulle-wintoneak

these will probably change once the newest additions get some practice and learn the blades systems.

Is there any news on Mccrae or Zahn. Someone sniped the sports section before me at work today.

mccrae out 2-4 weeks concussion
    zahn out 4-6 weeks broken jaw