Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hulak scores 45 seconds in

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball
    Lorne gave the Pats a player whos on the verge of having a break out season. A player whos netted hat tricks in the WHL. MacAngus a 3rd and a 5th was a fair deal for Hulak and a 4th. "At least one of the two teams did the right thing" Get a life troll.
    Who cares if he is on the verge of a break out season. Hulak will be a top 10 player in the entire WHL and MacAngus will be no where near that level. The Pats got ripped off. A good friend of mine who works for the Pats has told me so. The Pats asked for fair market value in the trade but the Blades, knowing the Pats were in a very difficult spot, lowballed them. There was no way Parker could say no to the trade given the situation and the Blades used it to their advantage. The Pats are PO'ed and have a right to be.
    From Parts Unknown

So what would have been a fair trade in your opinion Knuckle Chucker?? Cole and a 1st round pick for him? haha Get real. MacAngus is a great player, and this was a good trade for both teams.

Number_4 Guest

You cant trade for a players potential these days. Way too many first/second rounders have failed to live up to the expectations nowadays. Pats got what they could. Im not saying that they shouldnt have gotten more, but Parkers hands were tied. And really, trading within the division is always risky. Lorne had the upper hand... anyone with good buisness sense would take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_4
    You cant trade for a players potential these days. Way too many first/second rounders have failed to live up to the expectations nowadays. Pats got what they could. Im not saying that they shouldnt have gotten more, but Parkers hands were tied. And really, trading within the division is always risky. Lorne had the upper hand... anyone with good buisness sense would take advantage of that.
    Taking advantage of a players mom dieing of cancer is GREASY no matter how you look at it. The Pats did the right thing by trading the kid. Too bad the Blades didn't match the integrity given the unique situation. Like I have said (and I was told this by a member of the Pats staff) under normal circumstances, the Pats Never make that trade...NEVER!
    From Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shortys
    So what would have been a fair trade in your opinion Knuckle Chucker?? Cole and a 1st round pick for him? haha Get real. MacAngus is a great player, and this was a good trade for both teams.
    No. More like McCrae or Gillies straight up.
    From Parts Unknown

^ You are too funny.

nothing against hulak but where is he ranked in the iss rankings or anyones draft rankings for that matter, mccrae is on the rise and gillies is on the fall but they are still sitting mid first round. How is going straight up even close to fair. If Hulak goes first round, then ok. I am wrong. But c'mon. I do think the pats lost the trade due to circumstances but your making it sound like we gave you a plug for the next brule.

Gillies is sitting as a late first and McRae is sitting about 3rd round.

yes that is correct Gillies is sitting as a late 1st and McCrae is a 3rd rounder.

It does not really matter if Hulak is drafted(it would be a bonus and help him achieve his dream),but regaurdless he is a good hockey player and he will get to face his former team (and so will MacAngus) on the 19th this friday in Saskatoon.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

what rankings have gillies late first and mccrae third? Anything I have seen has had gillies in the top 15 and Mccrae moving from 29th to 21st over the past month. Of course that may have been just North American, I don't remember.