Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hulak scores 45 seconds in

Quote Originally Posted by howley
    what rankings have gillies late first and mccrae third? Anything I have seen has had gillies in the top 15 and Mccrae moving from 29th to 21st over the past month. Of course that may have been just North American, I don't remember.
    NHL central scouting has Gillies at 21st and McRae at 62nd in NA. Once you factor in goalies and Euros that puts Gillies as late 1st-early 2nd and McRae in the 3rd-4th round.

Default ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by howley
    nothing against hulak but where is he ranked in the iss rankings or anyones draft rankings for that matter, mccrae is on the rise and gillies is on the fall but they are still sitting mid first round. How is going straight up even close to fair.
    Hulak is not eligible for this years draft if I am not mistaken, being that he was born in september. I think that with another year of experience under his belt, along with this season, he will most likely go in the higher rounds of the NHL Draft. Who knows? maybe higher than Gillies or McRae are predicted to go.

I agree that one of your potential stars for ours would have been a more fair deal. I dont blame Lorne for the decision he made, but the Pats will got the shaft.

Maybe it is what Parker wanted though, he seems to have an obsession of replacing the more skilled players (Mcdonald, Duval, Bernhardt) with the more gritty players (Reich, Ofukany, Elder).

Either way, I think that Gillies(because Mcrae would be a better leader for this rebuilding blades squad by having more experience, though either would be equally good) for Hulak and a low/mid round pick (since Mcrae/Gillies are more proven so far than Hulak) would have been a (more)fair deal

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogent_Jerk
    Hulak is not eligible for this years draft if I am not mistaken, being that he was born in september. I think that with another year of experience under his belt, along with this season, he will most likely go in the higher rounds of the NHL Draft. Who knows? maybe higher than Gillies or McRae are predicted to go.

I agree that one of your potential stars for ours would have been a more fair deal. I dont blame Lorne for the decision he made, but the Pats will got the shaft.

Maybe it is what Parker wanted though, he seems to have an obsession of replacing the more skilled players (Mcdonald, Duval, Bernhardt) with the more gritty players (Reich, Ofukany, Elder).

Either way, I think that Gillies(because Mcrae would be a better leader for this rebuilding blades squad by having more experience, though either would be equally good) for Hulak and a low/mid round pick (since Mcrae/Gillies are more proven so far than Hulak) would have been a (more)fair deal
    I know from my inside source that the Pats asked for either Gillies or McCrae which would have been fair given the situation. We didn't talk about draft picks but it could have been part of it.
    From Parts Unknown

Bran Guest

I don't think Hulak is eligble this year, for one thing.

I don't blame the Blades for doing what they did, either. They're trading to a division rival...do you really expect them to throw in a little extra, just to be nice? The Pats really weren't in a position to turn down whatever the Blades were offering. Did they take advantage of that? Absolutely, but I don't think most people are too bothered by it ). Derek is at home right now and that's the most important thing. If his mom weren't sick there's no way the Pats deal him, especially to a divisional team...Pats have Hulak, Blades have MacAngus and everyone's happy. But that's not the case, so you do what you can...I think MacAngus will be a great addition to this team, once he's a little more comfortable. I noticed a huge difference in him between his 1st and 2nd games in Regina last weekend. Besides, maybe the good karma will benefit the Pats?? This is the best thing for Derek and his family, and that's what matters. He gets to be with his family during this difficult time, and play hockey. When he was here, he missed so much being at home that it wasn't helping his development any, and his schooling was probably taking a hit as well.

Very well put Bran.

Knuckle Chucker, if your source says that the pats asked for either gillies or McCrae in the trade, well they could have asked for them both, but a good GM will not trade something that is of known value if you don't have to. The Pats may have given up a potentially great player, but so did the blades. MacAngus will be a great player for the pats in time, just as he was progressing here.

Default This is the 2nd time...

a trade between the Pats and Blades that benefited the Blades in the last couple years.

Remember the Adam Ward for Dan Waschuk. While Dan left the team last year, he was a good addition the year before. Ward never really recovered from the mono that he had which was to bad.

Now it looks like Hulak deal is turning in to a very good deal by the Blades. 4 points in his first three games. Pretty impressive. He's going to be first liner for the next couple years I think.

perhaps having the first rounder aquired from PG in the seto deal would have made it a more fair trade

Okay, nothing against Hulak, I think he is a good player and will be great with us, BUT how could someone trade a first round pick, or one of our previous first rounders (Gillies and Macrae) for a guy who was picked in the 6TH ROUND, in his rookie season and has only played 19 games thusfar. It makes no sense whatsoever!!

MacAngus is a player that by stats is doing good, probably equal to what Hulak has or would have done up until the deadline. The only difference being MacAngus is 18, Hulak 17, that is where the picks came into play, they got a 3rd and 5th from us, and we got a 4th. Come on people, this was a pretty even trade!!!! If Hulak keeps doing what he has been doing the past couple games, we came out good, but who is to say that if he stayed in Regina he would have done as good, same with MacAngus, time will tell!!

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shortys
    Okay, nothing against Hulak, I think he is a good player and will be great with us, BUT how could someone trade a first round pick, or one of our previous first rounders (Gillies and Macrae) for a guy who was picked in the 6TH ROUND, in his rookie season and has only played 19 games thusfar. It makes no sense whatsoever!!

MacAngus is a player that by stats is doing good, probably equal to what Hulak has or would have done up until the deadline. The only difference being MacAngus is 18, Hulak 17, that is where the picks came into play, they got a 3rd and 5th from us, and we got a 4th. Come on people, this was a pretty even trade!!!! If Hulak keeps doing what he has been doing the past couple games, we came out good, but who is to say that if he stayed in Regina he would have done as good, same with MacAngus, time will tell!!
    You seriously understimate Hulak. And where a player was picked is pretty much irrelevant once they're playing. Many 1st and 2nd rounders amount to nothing. Jordan Eberle was picked in the 7th round...He'll likely end up a 1st of 2nd round NHL pick. Hulak's only played 19 games because he's been back and forth between Regina and Saskatoon. I think I'll like MacAngus...but under normal circumstance, Hulak likely wouldn't have been traded and if he were, the Pats would have gotten more for him.