Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Possible pick ups?

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE
    Have you lost your marbles?? With the way it sounds with Chris Cloud I would be very shocked if he was to return next season,and I think you are right about Konecny he might not return next year( I think that we will see one new Euro in Saskatoon) and if you take a look at the stats you can pick out a handful of players that could be in a Oil Kings jersey next season. It would be a dumb move if Crowley was left unprotected, because he has the hardest work ethic on the team IMO.
    Crowley has the hardest work ethic on the team. That amazing work ethic is going to start shaping him into being a point getter. I don't see him putting up very many but i can see 10-20 points he will put up.

Default reply

After reading the WHL boards; whlfans.ca and here is the updated list i have came up with

After spending the past couple of months reading what everyone has said about my picks and reading the boards of what the other teams have said and some of you are right i don't have much WHL experience as some of you WHL fans do but i think i have came up with some good predictions with the help of some of you WHL Fans.

Brandon: Matt Hallick
    Calgary: ????
    Chilliwack - Alex Archibald
    Everett: ?????
    Kamloops:?????
    Kelowna: Tysen Dowzak
    Kootenay: Liam Jeffries
    Lethbridge:????
    Medicine Hat:????
    Moose Jaw: Ryan Stanton
    Portland: Nick Hotson
    Prince Albert:????
    Prince George:Kyle Klym
    Red Deer:????
    Regina:????
    Saskatoon: Adam Geric
    Seattle: Lindsay Nielsen
    Spokane: David Linsley
    Swift Current: Spencer McAvoy
    Tri-City: Matt Swaby
    Vancouver: Garet Hunt

I came up with these lists from the list on page 23 (WHL forum) that i previous had of the predictions as well as from whlfans.ca as well ashelp from yuo guys which is greatly appreciated

For some reason people say that Matt Swaby will be gone from Tri-cites... I have no experience with whl so if you can help me out with this that would be great since i live in Hamilton and know nothing about the whl thanks.

I don't know what happens to a players scholarship if they play a game in the WHL but I found a copy of the NCAA Division 1 Hockey Manual online and this is what I found about eligibility... I am unable to find anything linking # of GP in the WHL to loss of seasons in the NCAA...

In section 12 Amateurism...

12.2.3.2.4 Major Junior A Ice Hockey. Ice hockey teams in the United States and Canada, classified by the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association as Major Junior A teams, are considered professional teams under NCAA legislation.
    This is a subsection...
    12.2.3.2.4.1 Limitation on Restoration of Eligibility. An appeal for restoration of eligibility may be submitted on behalf of an individual who has participated on a major junior A ice hockey team under the provisions of Bylaw 14.12; however, such individual shall be denied at least the first year of intercollegiate athletics competition in ice hockey at the certifying institution and shall be charged with the loss of at least one season of eligibility in the sport of ice hockey. (Revised: 1/11/89)
    NCAA Division 1 Manual