Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 42 & 44 Vs. Vancouver

Default Games 42 & 44 Vs. Vancouver

The #1 ranked Everett Silvertips will welcome the #2 ranked Vancouver Giants to the Everett Events Center on Friday, January 19, 2007 @ 7:30 p.m.

This will be the 3rd meeting of the season between these two powerhouses. Everett has won the first two meetings. This game will also be the first game of the year that both teams will be back at full strength. Everett and Vancouver both had players away at the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships the first 2 times they met.

Everett is led in scoring by Forward Zach Hamill with 52 points ( 16g, 36a) and Forward Peter Mueller with 48 points ( 9g, 39A). Mueller came back to Everett with the Bronze Medal he won at the 2007 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships in Sweden last month. Vancouver is led in scoring by Forward Tim Kraus with 42 points ( 12g, 30a) and Forward Milan Lucic with 39 points ( 19g, 20a)

In net for Everett will be Leland Irving, Irving is returning with a Gold Medal he captured at the 2007 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships. Irving has a record of 19-4-0-1 and a goals against average of 1.57 and a .937 save percentage. For Vancouver Tyson Sexsmith will try to stop the potent Silvertips Offense. Sexsmith has a overall record of 19-6-2-3 and a goals against average of 1.93 and a .914 save percentage.

Tickets for this important Western Conference battle are still available. You can purchase tickets by calling 866-EEC-TIXX or by visiting the Everett Events Center Box office. Click here to view the box office hours.

You can also purchase tickets online at www.everettsilvertips.com With our print at home capability, you may print your tickets using your home computer and printer.

For groups of 15 or more, you can call the Silvertips Office at 425-252-5100. Groups get $4.00 off per ticket, a voucher for a free ticket to a future game, a discount in the team store, and your company/group name will be on the Arena Video Board.

Any tips fans who post in this forum heading up for the Vancouver game?

Not this game but the one next month. On our Greyboard we have groups for both nights. I would go if I didn't have a hockey game to play.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    For Vancouver Tyson Sexsmith will try to stop the potent Silvertips Offense. Sexsmith has a overall record of 19-6-2-3 and a goals against average of 1.93 and a .914 save percentage.
    Good chance it could be Neufeld getting the start for the Giants on Friday as Sexsmith will be coming back from the Top prospects game, and the Giants have a 3 in 3 weekend.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Good chance it could be Neufeld getting the start for the Giants on Friday as Sexsmith will be coming back from the Top prospects game, and the Giants have a 3 in 3 weekend.
    Maybe, but I figure it more likely Neufeld will play the Saturday game, so Sexsmith would be in fr both 'Tips games. It will be interesting to see how the Giants react after a relatively poor road trip last weekend and the disruption of the Prospects game this week.

Can't wait til Sunday!

Default Players from the Prospect game should be available for both games...

... but, just in case either team decides to rest players who attended the Prospects game, then the teams should definitely be at full-strength for Sunday's game... which, don't forget, will be nationally televised in Canada.
    Redwic

Default Tips

The Tips have a 3 in 3 weekend as well. They are home for the Friday game, In Tri Cities for Saturday night, then come back over the mountain and head North for the Sunday night game. My best guess is Irving-Reekie-Irving, but Constantine likes to start the same goalie in back to back nights on these 3 in 3 weekends so I won't be surprised to see Irving-Irving-Reekie.

Default In the Irving-Irving-Reekie game-plan...

... if Irving does very well during the first two games, do you think that Constantine might then also play him in the third game? Or do you think that there's no chance of Irving doing three-games-in-three-nights?

Considering that the team has both Irving and Reekie available, I'm personally comfortable with either player starting any of the games.
    Redwic

Default hmm

...well KC's history over last year and early this season is based on Espo as the backup. Now that Reekie has done so well, I can't see KC giving Irving all three starts, even if he pitches two shutouts. That being said I believe goalies like Rythm and I wouldn't break up the starts. I'd go Irving-Irving-Reekie. But, that's just me. I pay to watch, not get paid to coach...lol.

Default Another perspective...

Not that it would necessarily sway Constantine either way, but the game on Sunday will be nationally broadcast in Canada. Perhaps he will want to showcase his #1 goaltender (Irving) in front of the big screens? I'm sure that the Calgary Flames & their fans would like to see him in action, live, against the MC-bound Giants.

Hmmm... Perhaps Reekie-Irving-Irving?
    Redwic