Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 42 & 44 Vs. Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    As far as I can tell Vancouver really doesn't have anyone out, someone correct me if I am wrong. I know in the hearld it was said Ellington could be out, but being short a D-man already, I doubt he would sit if he could skate.
    Machacek could be out, head injury, but besides that no other known injuries.

Could be a couple of the guys who were also at the Top Prospects if the Flu bug was in fact going around as the article suggests, but no word on anyone being sick with the flu.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default 1st period

The giants decided to make this a very physical game. So far the tips have matched the intensity, but can't stay out of the box. Shots on goal are giants, 14 tips, 9. Great game so far, but leland has given up some juicy rebounds. I can't help but think one is going to come back to bite him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    The giants decided to make this a very physical game. So far the tips have matched the intensity, but can't stay out of the box. Shots on goal are giants, 14 tips, 9. Great game so far, but leland has given up some juicy rebounds. I can't help but think one is going to come back to bite him.
    Im only listening to the game, but it sounds great thus far.

Your assesment is what the Giants radio team are saying, but they have said the better scoring chances have favored the Tips.

Default 2nd period

After serving their penalties, gutierrez got his lunch handed to him by the giant player. Not sure why I can't remember it. I must be getting old. Mcardel I think. After the fight the tips scored seconds later on a great opportunity at the end of the pp. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more fights. This one is getting rough.
    Matsuoka is outmatched here by himself. Why not two refs for this one?

Default nice

Nice 5 on 5 goal by the tips and as very stipid penalty on wuchturl right after. I guess that's why we got rid of him. Giants fans will have to get used to those types of penalties from him.

Default bad goal

Irving had no one in front and deflected the shot into his corner of the net. Terrible goal for irving to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    After serving their penalties, gutierrez got his lunch handed to him by the giant player. Not sure why I can't remember it. I must be getting old. Mcardel I think. After the fight the tips scored seconds later on a great opportunity at the end of the pp. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more fights. This one is getting rough.
    Matsuoka is outmatched here by himself. Why not two refs for this one?
    Yep it was McArdle. Gutierrez according to the radio guys has been beaking at a bunch of Giants, guess he got what we wanted?

Good thing he didnt go with Lucic.

Default now were even

that 3rd goal is one sexsmith wants back. No traffic from the point right over his shoulder.

Default beach

After 4th goal by mueller, beach annhialated bouma leaving blood on the ice to clean up. As bad as gutierrez lost, beach made up foir it in spades. Probably the best fight by a tip.
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 01-20-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Default not for Harty

The melee started out typical in that a bunch of players just mugging each other...but then Watt and Harty were fighting away from the rest of the pile. All three stripes were at the pile. Watt got the best of Harty and took hom down with a few good shots. Harty covered up on the Ice and Watt jumped down and started pounding him on the Ice. Sonne spotted it from the corner and rushed over to knock Watt off of him. By definition it IS a 3rd man in and he got the penalty, but in reality on of the stripes should have been paying attention to the only REAL fight on the ice at the time. After Sonne took out Watt, a bunch of players started in.

The Stripes were overmatched in this one. They definately needed the 2nd ref. If there are two on Sunday there will be many more penalties called.
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 01-20-2007 at 12:54 AM.