Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Opposition

mccabe23 Guest

Iconwhl Favorite Opposition

Which teams, 1 from each division, do you enjoy most watching your team play against?

Mine are:

BC: Vancouver Giants....They always play Kelowna physical and the games are intense.

US: Tri-Cities....Usually a rough afair when the Ams come to town and I like watching Price in goal.

Cental: Calgary ....Not sure why but I always enjoy the game when the Hitmen are in town. Usually a high-tempo game.

East: Brandon....Since the Weaties don't come to Kelowna very often, it's nice to see the team that travels the furthest come to town.

I being from Regina...

American...I'd probably say Tri-City...have been some rough games in the past.

BC...I like to see Vancouver because they are new...but othewise Kamloops.

Central...I seem to like the games against the Tigers. Usually rough games.

Eastern...Usually Moose Jaw...but the past couple years, Brandon and Regina have ignited quite the rivalry. Moose Jaw is more of a "We are the biggest rivalry in the league" rivalry, and Brandon is more of a "Everyone is going kill each other" rivalry. I like the latter.

kelownakarl Guest

BC - Vancouver.... always a fast, hard hitting, physical affair. Any Don Hay team is always competitive.

US - Seattle.... Dont know why but always have liked them. Players like Fitzgerald, Barthel, Mcewan, my kinda players, play hard and are tough.

Central- The Hat.... Good organization, great fans, classic uniforms that will never go out of style.

East- Brandon.... I dont know, their the wheat kings, its original.

BC Prince George we have had some great playoffs

US Spokane, always an interesting game

Central, Calgary fast paced unpredictable

East Brandon Eric Fehr is always awesome to watch

C.F Guest

Nice to see people enjoy watching Vancouver play. They definetley are a fun team to watch.

BC-Kamloops-Their's some bad blood between Vancouver and Kamloops

US-Everett-It seems as though whenever these 2 teams play, it's an emotional rollar coaster

Central-Red Deer-players like Phanuef and Fraser are fun to watch

East-Saskatoon-They play an exciting style of hockey and they're fun to watch.

For the Hurricanes...

BC - Kootenay - Great team, and Cranbrook isn't too far away so a lot of fans make the trip.

US - Portland - Don't know why but I enjoy them the most.

Central - Medicine Hat - Probably the 'Canes biggest rival. They always bring loads of fans and it's a fun atmosphere especially when it's an important game when something like playoff position is on the line.
    Honourable mention goes to Swift Current who I like to watch because they could almost be considered my "home" team, since Swift was the closest centre with a 'dub team when I grew up in Saskatchewan.

East - Saskatoon - Once again watched them too when I lived in Sk so I still like to catch up on how they're doing.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

Kamloops, even though the rivalry hasn't been as strong this year, a possible playoff this year could change all that.

Seattle, after a great playoff two years ago has made every game since a good one.

Red Deer, after a six game WHL final two years ago, always good to see Sutter come back to town.

No team in the east really stands out, look forward to see all of them the little amount we get to see them.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

East: Brandon, for no reason
    Central: Red Deer. one of the best rivalries in the Dub.
    BC: Kootenay. Still hate them for once being in Edmonton
    US: None. Dont play them enough to really care about any team from that division.

Rebel66 Guest

Default Rebels perspective

Central: The Hitmen as it is usually a pretty intense game. As RTG said it is one of the best rivalries in the dub. However, any game against Central opposition is usually a good one.

East: Wheat Kings. The Rebels have had a number of playoff battles with this club so there is a little rivalry there.

BC: Kootenay no question. Another great rivalry. Still wish they were in the Central. Great fans too.

US: We don't get to see them enough to really have a favourite. That said I suppose it would be the Winter Hawks as the Rebels did beat them in the WHL Final in their Memorial Cup year.

Post Favorite Opposition

U.S Division-Everett Silvertips, This team always puts up a good battle, Kevin Constantine has done very well as their coach( I wish we played this team more often)

B.C Division-Kootney Ice, They are a very competetive team with loads of talent and are always fun to watch.

Central Division-Medicine Hat Tigers, This team gives us a run for our money, this team is a contender each and every year.

East Division-Prince Albert Raiders- Since there is not a lot of distance beween the two cities and both teams have an intense rivalry, this team is my Favorite in the East,but all the other teams in the East are not forgotten as well.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23