Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who do we protect in expansion draft

What could happen is an off season trade with Edmonton before the expansion draft. It happens alot.

Default Defence

What I did mean by having some good d men in the system , is that we have Bobbee, Craig , Wright , Fredrickson ....So by giving up Knudsen (who has not impressed me so far) would not be all that bad. Kerr has played better lately. I believe that Kudelka is gone. Randy King I think will be back , fight for one of the overage spots. King and Knudsen are a couple of the players that we could give to Edmonton. We also do have 2 first round bantam picks coming up, which will be huge for the team down the road. So I believe that we will lose King or Knudsen to Edmonton. Just my thoughts

Default knudsen for sure, but

Quote Originally Posted by taylor0017
    What I did mean by having some good d men in the system , is that we have Bobbee, Craig , Wright , Fredrickson ....So by giving up Knudsen (who has not impressed me so far) would not be all that bad. Kerr has played better lately. I believe that Kudelka is gone. Randy King I think will be back , fight for one of the overage spots. King and Knudsen are a couple of the players that we could give to Edmonton. We also do have 2 first round bantam picks coming up, which will be huge for the team down the road. So I believe that we will lose King or Knudsen to Edmonton. Just my thoughts
    when it come to king he's hands down one of our best d men . if he returns as a 20 next year we will be lucky to have him...............................

shushu i agree...randy king is great on our blue line.....as for the other post about kudelka, didnt he already sign with ottawa? i doubt he will be back next yr as the Sens will likely have him playing in the AHL

Kudelka has indeed signed a pro contract with Ottawa and thus will not be back next year, most likely in the AHL. R. King has been ok, nothing steller and would probably be one of the 20's next year, if that is what management wants.

Ok, you've helped me with my loose ends. So I'd protect almost all the D - Kudelka, Wright, King, Craige, Kerr, Bobbee and Versteeg; and expose Knudson. I'm just not sure you could afford to lose any of those guys, especially if Kudelka doesnt return. And I'm not sure about where Fredrickson or the 91 D prospects are at now. But I guess we have to face that the in season D trades this year didnt really do anything to strengthen that end. The original D corp they started with is what I'd look to take forward.

Then on F I'd protect Boychuk, Fadden, King, Bancks, Farmanara, Dietrich and Chorneyko. And both the goalies. That doesnt mean I dont like Matlock, Gionfriddo, Todd or the 90 F prospects, cause I do. I'd expose them to the risk of being picked, but thankful that Edmonton can only take one.

I would prefer to either trade Leclerc or Maniago or expose Maniago.

I haven't seen enough from Maniago that it would be a huge loss if we lost him and I think it is time to either go with Leclerc as the number one guy or cut him loose and get someone else in. I am not a fan of this having two guys play equally as bad equally amount of the time.

I prefer to keep Leclerc because I think he can turn it around and become a solid starter.

I agree no reason to protect Knudsen. Loosing him would not be that big of a deal at this point. I would also leave Kudelka unprotected as I am sure he will be in the AHL next year.

Default you have to remember................

Quote Originally Posted by moon
    I would prefer to either trade Leclerc or Maniago or expose Maniago.

I haven't seen enough from Maniago that it would be a huge loss if we lost him and I think it is time to either go with Leclerc as the number one guy or cut him loose and get someone else in. I am not a fan of this having two guys play equally as bad equally amount of the time.

I prefer to keep Leclerc because I think he can turn it around and become a solid starter.

I agree no reason to protect Knudsen. Loosing him would not be that big of a deal at this point. I would also leave Kudelka unprotected as I am sure he will be in the AHL next year.
    manny is the one that stablized this team when the ***** was hitting the fan in that bad skid .he also stoled games for the canes from the tigers and a few other teams we didnt stand a chance,imo manny is the reason justin regained his confidence knowing there was someone else that could step in there when times got bad. that coupled with the recent 3 game win streak in sask. was do in part to mannys in a big way.getting rid of him would be crazy........................

I agree, theres no way I would leave either Leclerc or Maniago exposed. They could be a hot combo for the next couple years. And I think either could have good trade value if you decided to make an adjustment, like to get a younger guy in a year or two out.

But in the meantime the whole team looks like a pretty good group to go with as they gain experience and power up over the next couple of years. Plus get some contributing 90 Fs and C Ashton going into the mix.
    Last edited by aaAlta; 02-06-2007 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaAlta
    I agree, theres no way I would leave either Leclerc or Maniago exposed. They could be a hot combo for the next couple years. And I think either could have good trade value if you decided to make an adjustment, like to get a younger guy in a year or two out.

But in the meantime the whole team looks like a pretty good group to go with as they gain experience and power up over the next couple of years. Plus get some contributing 90 Fs and C Ashton going into the mix.
    I am not saying that Maniago sucks. Just that I do not like going with two mediocore goalies. I think it will work for the rest of this season but for this team to be successful next year and the year after they need to strerngthen their goaltending by either having the confidence to go with Leclerc or get someone else in.

To me having Maniago as a back-up a losing a quality guy in the draft is a waste of assets. I think trading him is much better than losing him, but just don't liek the idea of another year of Maniago/Leclerc platoon.