Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Random Game Thoughts: Vancouver 1-21-07

Default Real Reason for the Cowbells

Some of the Tips back in Season 1 were doing a radio interview on our local station, and made mention of the fact that their favorite Saturday Night Live skit was that one where they were Blue Oyster Cult doing Don't Fear the Reaper --- the big line in that skit is "I gotta fever, and the only thing that can cure it is MORE COWBELL. Gotta have MORE COWBELL BABY". Anyway, the guys were cracking up at that on the radio, and by the end of the month, everyone in the EEC had a cowbell and rang them at every opportunity.

Here's the skit -- http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+cowbell&hl=en
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail

Default Nathe

Nathe and someone else, I can't remember who, were frequent guests on 3-6 with the fish on KRKO radio. They always came on and said, "we need more cowbell." Ever since then, the Fish says it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    Nathe and someone else, I can't remember who, were frequent guests on 3-6 with the fish on KRKO radio. They always came on and said, "we need more cowbell." Ever since then, the Fish says it all the time.

Barry Horman
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey
    I forgot to mention that I will buy you a beer if you wish next time you happen to be at the PC for a game for the amazing courage you show to just say no to Bell.
    I'll take you up on that offer on Feb 23rd.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

B4dotcom Guest

Default Cowbells

I have always found the cowbell's fun for the fans, and it makes me upset when you go to a stadium that does not allow noise makers, such as tri-cities when they stopped allowing drums 4 years ago. I believe IMO that anything that brings the fans closer to the game is good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by B4dotcom
    I have always found the cowbell's fun for the fans, and it makes me upset when you go to a stadium that does not allow noise makers, such as tri-cities when they stopped allowing drums 4 years ago. I believe IMO that anything that brings the fans closer to the game is good for the game.

Theres no rules against bells in TC. Heck, they gave them out as a promotion earlier in the year. You cannot have drums or air horns but just about anything else goes. Theres a few guys that bring trumpets every game.

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    I'll take you up on that offer on Feb 23rd.
    you are not old enough to drink in Canada yet!!!
    Kristi

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I will buy you a beer if you wish next time you happen to be at the PC for a game for the amazing courage you show to just say no to Bell.

He is not old enough to drink in Canada!! so it will have to be root beer!
    Kristi

Default I'll stick up for him...

Due to his young age, he's just not old enough to know better! haha
    Redwic