Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Is Coaching The Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Five Hole
    I mean do they look tons less motivated than they were before when they were stealing games in the third period?
    Yes they do, there's zero emotion 90% of the time, and they just look like they're going through the motions to get the game over with. Ever since the 9-0 win over Regina they just look like they don't care. We haven't seen a 60 minute effort for a very long time. The 60 minute efforts were few and far between all year, but lately they're non existent. Hope something happens and we turn it around soon and start improving as a team
    Always Remembered

Teddy_B Guest

I would replace him with Hunchak, he is a proven winner and deserves a crack at being a head coach in the dub before some other team gets him.
    Yes Dave is in charge of the defense under Dean.
    Dave has to follow Dean's philosphy because Dean is the boss and calls ALL the shots even though Dave is in charge of certain areas.
    If Dave did his own thing he would be undermining Dean's philosphy. So what do you expect Dave to say to the media, that the system sucks! Only if he wanted to be fired.
    Dean is on the last year of his contract right now. You want to wait another year to see if things turn around,by that time Dean will have a brand new contract and if things stay the same do you think Mr. Best Western would fire him then. Not a chance because they would have to pay him out like they did with Smith and McEwen and Glynn.

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    I get a kick out of guys that come on here and say they know whats going on in the dressing room, heard it from a friend of a cousin of someone's sister. haha
    I'd like to know just out of curiosity from those that want Dean fired who they could replace him with? Everybody wants Hunchak to take over, and I'm not saying he isn't a good coach and deserves a shot. BUT he said himself that ha is responsible for the defensive part of the team. As far as I'm concerned that has been a big problem this year. They collapse all the time in our own end. Blame the assistant coach? If we blame Dean for all the things that everybody wants to, you have to share the blame with Dave also. Who else is out there that we could get? If they go backwards and hire someone like McEwen again, I will give up my tickets. They need to go forward and give the young guys time to develop and they are. They are getting better each year and will be even better next year. If the team doesn't win next year, I'll jump on the fire Dean bandwagon, but not this year. I have looked in my crystal ball and seen great things happening in the near future.

One more thing,,,,,I GOT PIZZA LAST GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_B
    I would replace him with Hunchak, he is a proven winner and deserves a crack at being a head coach in the dub before some other team gets him.
    Yes Dave is in charge of the defense under Dean.
    Dave has to follow Dean's philosphy because Dean is the boss and calls ALL the shots even though Dave is in charge of certain areas.
    If Dave did his own thing he would be undermining Dean's philosphy. So what do you expect Dave to say to the media, that the system sucks! Only if he wanted to be fired.
    Dean is on the last year of his contract right now. You want to wait another year to see if things turn around,by that time Dean will have a brand new contract and if things stay the same do you think Mr. Best Western would fire him then. Not a chance because they would have to pay him out like they did with Smith and McEwen and Glynn.
    Well, there's always a 1 year extension.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_B
    Mr. Best Western
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Sorry, but this nickname always strikes me SOOOOOO FUNNY!! LOL LOL LOL
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default When will some of you realize Dean has to go

His systems are not working and as quoted in an earlier post yes Dave has to do and say things to support the head coach as much he would like to change he can't.
    How many years of the rebuilding excuse are you going to fall for?????
    3 years is too long, other teams do it in 1 year.

Some of you just don't get it, do not renew Deans contract. Plain and simple he has to go, and Hunchak if not kept around, he will get picked up by another team and watch what he will do. His player will play for him.

Same old recycled post. You won't convince me this year no matter how many times you say it.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??
    Always Remembered

[QUOTE=Flathead]I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??[/QUOTE

I have heard the exact same thing. Me I personally dont think that firing Dean would be the answer to our prayers. But I do know alot of people who arent going to the games because of him. Some have been following this team for over 20 years. When those people are now stopping going to games I think the board HAS to way that in their decision. Now dont start ripping me for this post. I dont think that way but others do. Myself I do not attend game to watch the freakin COACHES. I attend and support this club for THE PLAYERS and right now they need us. Yeah the coaches may piss me off from time to time but I WILL NOT STOP MY SUPPORT because of it. I will keep the faith and say lets kick some butt in Regina tonight boys.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

[QUOTE=transplantedbronco]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    I'm not saying firing Dean is the answer or keeping him is the answer either, but everyone you talk to at the rink or on the street says that he has to go. And judging by the attendence lately I think people are starting to show how they feel by not coming to the games. Does the board have to take that into consideration at all, we can't afford to be losing fans??[/QUOTE

I have heard the exact same thing. Me I personally dont think that firing Dean would be the answer to our prayers. But I do know alot of people who arent going to the games because of him. Some have been following this team for over 20 years. When those people are now stopping going to games I think the board HAS to way that in their decision. Now dont start ripping me for this post. I dont think that way but others do. Myself I do not attend game to watch the freakin COACHES. I attend and support this club for THE PLAYERS and right now they need us. Yeah the coaches may piss me off from time to time but I WILL NOT STOP MY SUPPORT because of it. I will keep the faith and say lets kick some butt in Regina tonight boys.
    Well said, a true fan.