Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Coaching The Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern
    Do me a favor....stop it....PLEASE???!!?? We have had about 400 or more threads on this topic of late.
    It's been like this in Swifty forever. If we lose two or three, it's the coach. AUTOMATIC!! If we win four, it's all "Oh if we don't keep him in there, WE'RE CRAZY!!" So give me a break. Remain stable, mantain your position, but keep calm. This team WILL succeed. It aint' always coaching that's the problem.
    I hate to tell you this ern but this is a discussion board for people to discuss Bronco hockey. People have their opinions and like them or not they have every right to post them within the rules. You wouldn't like it if someone told you to stop posting such optimism and rah rah posts all the time. I'm not saying that so nobody jump on me.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

crackerjack57 Guest

Default Coaching refund

Do me a favor....stop it....PLEASE???!!?? We have had about 400 or more threads on this topic of late.
    It's been like this in Swifty forever. If we lose two or three, it's the coach. AUTOMATIC!! If we win four, it's all "Oh if we don't keep him in there, WE'RE CRAZY!!" So give me a break. Remain stable, mantain your position, but keep calm. This team WILL succeed. It aint' always coaching that's the problem.

Big Ern, your too young. We've had coaches for years. We've made the playoffs for years. We've had Dean for three years. We've barley made the playoffs once. Do you see a pattern? I hope to goodness the board of directors have the guts to do somthing. At least refund my season ticket. dancing pi

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack57
    Big Ern, your too young. We've had coaches for years. We've made the playoffs for years. We've had Dean for three years. We've barley made the playoffs once. Do you see a pattern? I hope to goodness the board of directors have the guts to do somthing. At least refund my season ticket. dancing pi
    The thing is the previous staff (McEwen) ran everything in the ground and Dean has had to start from scratch again. It takes time and we are imo starting to see that now. It will be better next year and in the future with the prospects that DEAN has picked. What I can't figure out is why Moberg is still here. I guess for his doom and gloom announcements.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    The thing is the previous staff (McEwen) ran everything in the ground and Dean has had to start from scratch again. It takes time and we are imo starting to see that now. It will be better next year and in the future with the prospects that DEAN has picked. What I can't figure out is why Moberg is still here. I guess for his doom and gloom announcements.
    IMO, I haven't seen improvement, if anything we've gone backwards from the start of the season and haven't improved at all. A few people keep saying that it takes time, I guess the question is, when's the time up? Honestly ask yourselves if we have improved? A few individuals have improved, but as a team, IMO, I don't think so.
    Always Remembered

Number_4 Guest

Default overachieving?

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I looked back at the pre-season rankings and found that the Bronco's were only supposed to be around a 3rd or 4th place team in the east. The writers poll had them ranked 4th, after the Pats, wheatkings and the Warriors. Now I know that a lot has changed since the preseason, and those rankings are a crapshoot at best, but perhaps the Bronco's were just overachieving a bit, and with the way other teams in the east were underachieving (to put it mildly), they were able to stay in 2nd for a good long time. Looking back at the begining of the season, I can remember how surprised everyone was at the Bronco's success.

IMO, I would be less concerned about the team loosing a few spots in the standings (as yet another anti-coaching thread states), and be more concerned that the team is not just loosing a few close games, and instead is getting blown out pretty consistently. Remind me someone, what did the bronco's GM do during the trade deadline? Did he trade away all your experienced D-men, or just ignore the defense altogether? Moir is a good goaltender, so its not just him. It doesnt matter how good a coach is, a young defense can get rattled pretty quickly and mistakes snowball.

On the postitive side, look how good the Pats have done with their defense. Patience does pay off, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    IMO, I haven't seen improvement, if anything we've gone backwards from the start of the season and haven't improved at all. A few people keep saying that it takes time, I guess the question is, when's the time up? Honestly ask yourselves if we have improved? A few individuals have improved, but as a team, IMO, I don't think so.
    From last year? Yes, I think we have improved. Have won more games already then we did all last year. The younger guys have improved with more playing time. They are in a funk now it's time for the vets to take control and lead them out of it.

Default Come ON!!!

Dude, c'mon! I've followed this club on the radio every single game at least eight or nine years. I probably knew more about them than 3/4 of the people that attended the games. I bet you....AND I'M SERIOUS....I've not missed five games in the last eight years.....on the radio before this year, of course. You can get to know a team pretty darn good, if you know and remember all of what an announcer says, buddy. And I did. From listening to Kenward or Keen, I pretty much knew every move the team made. Not ****tin' you here....I'm serious dude.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

crackerjack57 Guest

Default aaaahahahaha

Dude, c'mon! I've followed this club on the radio every single game at least eight or nine years. I probably knew more about them than 3/4 of the people that attended the games. I bet you....AND I'M SERIOUS....I've not missed five games in the last eight years.....on the radio before this year, of course. You can get to know a team pretty darn good, if you know and remember all of what an announcer says, buddy. And I did. From listening to Kenward or Keen, I pretty much knew every move the team made. Not ****tin' you here....I'm serious dude.

Sorry "dude," maybe you know how many goals Levi has scored or how many assists R.J. has but name dropping Joe Kenward and Jon Keen means nothing to a guy who grew up listening to Jon Enns, Eldon Molberg (boo), and Regan Bartel. I've LIVED the ups and downs. You wern't even born when they actualy won the mem cup. Don't hunt what you can't kill young man ! nhl

Sorry "dude," maybe you know how many goals Levi has scored or how many assists R.J. has but name dropping Joe Kenward and Jon Keen means nothing to a guy who grew up listening to Jon Enns, Eldon Molberg (boo), and Regan Bartel. I've LIVED the ups and downs. You wern't even born when they actualy won the mem cup. Don't hunt what you can't kill young man ! nhl
    I'm glad you boo'd Moberg. Listening to John Enns call the memorial cup, especially the final goal in ot, was priceless!

Ok O, you win.
    Look again BigErn. Wasn't my post. If you think I'm using 2 names then report it to mods. You will find out I'm not.