Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Coaching The Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    From last year? Yes, I think we have improved. Have won more games already then we did all last year. The younger guys have improved with more playing time. They are in a funk now it's time for the vets to take control and lead them out of it.
    I think you misread my post, I said the start of this season, until now we have not improved. I agree that as individuals, the younger guys have improved, but as a team, IMO, we have not.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamitekid
    Last night we were soundly defeated by the team that we beat out for the last playoff spot last year. It appears that they have improved what the hell happened to us. Just look from the start of the year, we are beating all the teams in the east and now we can not . Why you ask? They have improved and we have not.
    !
    I feel the same way.
    Always Remembered

crackerjack57 Guest

Icon32 O in the creek

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern
    I think you're all tipping 'em back today.

I'm not him. haha, I get pizza at bronco games.

I get a kick out of guys that come on here and say they know whats going on in the dressing room, heard it from a friend of a cousin of someone's sister. haha
    I'd like to know just out of curiosity from those that want Dean fired who they could replace him with? Everybody wants Hunchak to take over, and I'm not saying he isn't a good coach and deserves a shot. BUT he said himself that ha is responsible for the defensive part of the team. As far as I'm concerned that has been a big problem this year. They collapse all the time in our own end. Blame the assistant coach? If we blame Dean for all the things that everybody wants to, you have to share the blame with Dave also. Who else is out there that we could get? If they go backwards and hire someone like McEwen again, I will give up my tickets. They need to go forward and give the young guys time to develop and they are. They are getting better each year and will be even better next year. If the team doesn't win next year, I'll jump on the fire Dean bandwagon, but not this year. I have looked in my crystal ball and seen great things happening in the near future.

One more thing,,,,,I GOT PIZZA LAST GAME!

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

I get a kick out of guys that come on here and say they know whats going on in the dressing room, heard it from a friend of a cousin of someone's sister. haha
    I'd like to know just out of curiosity from those that want Dean fired who they could replace him with? Everybody wants Hunchak to take over, and I'm not saying he isn't a good coach and deserves a shot. BUT he said himself that ha is responsible for the defensive part of the team. As far as I'm concerned that has been a big problem this year. They collapse all the time in our own end. Blame the assistant coach? If we blame Dean for all the things that everybody wants to, you have to share the blame with Dave also. Who else is out there that we could get? If they go backwards and hire someone like McEwen again, I will give up my tickets. They need to go forward and give the young guys time to develop and they are. They are getting better each year and will be even better next year. If the team doesn't win next year, I'll jump on the fire Dean bandwagon, but not this year. I have looked in my crystal ball and seen great things happening in the near future.

HA HA HA HA HA Don't I remember you saying something about "having beers" in one of your earlier posts? LOL Hey, have a beer next game though. They're more money, which supports the team more. LOL
    And yes, you pretty much said it all about coaching. Secondly, how often in Dean's absence have we heard Dave say, "No, we're not changing anything. They're great systems; our guys have to buy in." I've heard this from Hunchak at least three or four times, including the games he coached against Regina lately. Keen was asking if he would change anything, and he replied, "Jon, that's not the answer. We have great systems, our guys just have to be more consistent."
    So there you go. And yes, Dave DOES run the defense.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Default wish more would think like u O

great post O - The fans just have to settle down as the Broncos are on a big slide and it don't help everyone in the city running down the players -Dean - Dave . Things will come around ..maybe not this year .. You don't have to win the M-Cup every year as much as we would like to . But it is the same old story on here . They win a couple and everything is OK ..they lose a couple and FIRE the Coach . There is enough presure on these guys .. They want to win as much as anyone and want to turn this around . It is going to be tough road ahead as i think they are going to be fighting for there lives for a playoff spot .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern
    HA HA HA HA HA Don't I remember you saying something about "having beers" in one of your earlier posts? LOL Hey, have a beer next game though. They're more money, which supports the team more. LOL
    Yes, I do have a beer now and then. In my culture it's allowed.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Yes, I do have a beer now and then. In my culture it's allowed.
    In my culture too. HAHAHAHAHA!!
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

proudsince86 Guest

Default getting tired of 'the guys not buying in' excuse

The coach is a former first rounder (picked ahead of Joe Sakic) and played in the NHL - has NHL contacts.

The assistant coach is a championship head coach from the SJHL.

These kids range between 16 - 20 and presumably want to make a career out of hockey.

What is making these young, idealistic, and impressionable kids not buy into what the coach is selling? what is wrong? what would make an teenager not want to do whatever they can to impress their coach who should help them get better and get them to the next level?

You could play the same post game interview from every loss and it would sound the same...the guys have to start buying into the system.

Players bought into the first Bronco coaches system...they bought into Mclellands system....they even bought into McEwans system...why won't they buy into this coaches system? What is wrong?

So let's hear it...what is wrong with these kids that they won't buy into their coaches system...(and no cheating by quoting Dane Crowley about the Broncos system)

Other teams have improved since the beginning of the season and we have not. It's that simple. As for the bright future...there better be one with 4 straight years of high picks!

Quote Originally Posted by proudsince86
    The coach is a former first rounder (picked ahead of Joe Sakic) and played in the NHL - has NHL contacts.

The assistant coach is a championship head coach from the SJHL.

These kids range between 16 - 20 and presumably want to make a career out of hockey.

What is making these young, idealistic, and impressionable kids not buy into what the coach is selling? what is wrong? what would make an teenager not want to do whatever they can to impress their coach who should help them get better and get them to the next level?

You could play the same post game interview from every loss and it would sound the same...the guys have to start buying into the system.

Players bought into the first Bronco coaches system...they bought into Mclellands system....they even bought into McEwans system...why won't they buy into this coaches system? What is wrong?

So let's hear it...what is wrong with these kids that they won't buy into their coaches system...(and no cheating by quoting Dane Crowley about the Broncos system)

Other teams have improved since the beginning of the season and we have not. It's that simple. As for the bright future...there better be one with 4 straight years of high picks!
    You're exactly right... every kid at this level, if he has any brains, does what his coaches tell him to (even if the odd one doesnt agree with it). They want to play, and most get it that you don't play if you don't do what the coaches ask, or if you dont produce.
    I assume the Bronco system hasn't changed drastically throughout the year... and I assume for the most part it is a good system, and they were having success with it before.... so why wouldn't they be buying it now?? I think, as somebody else stated, perhaps they were overachieving a bit before, and now other teams have just started playing better as a team and are catching them.
    I really dont see Swift Current games, I'm just theorizing here.... but with the exception of a couple of games where they flat out weren't competitive, it looks like they're just in a slump like most middle of the pack teams have... I mean do they look tons less motivated than they were before when they were stealing games in the third period?
    I think they'll come around... but yeah it's gotta be frustrating for the fans. (Just glad I'm not one of 'em!)

Quote Originally Posted by proudsince86
    I don't think McEwen had a system. He just used Mclellands except he only played 2 lines all season and never developed the younger players and the 2 lines were played out by the time playoffs started.