Thread: Would've been nice to get 2 but the Blazers have to be happy with the 1

Hybrid View

Kamfan Guest

Default Would've been nice to get 2 but the Blazers have to be happy with the 1

2 goals with the goalie pulled is a long, long shot and any points out of a game where you trailed by 2 with 2 minutes left has to be considered a small miracle.

Also would've been nice if the officials called the game in OT like the rest of the game like they're supposed to and call that obvious check from behind on Nixon that indirectly led to the winning goal, but you have to chalk that one up to refs make mistakes. Not the end of the world, we'll get the split tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamfan
    2 goals with the goalie pulled is a long, long shot and any points out of a game where you trailed by 2 with 2 minutes left has to be considered a small miracle.

Also would've been nice if the officials called the game in OT like the rest of the game like they're supposed to and call that obvious check from behind on Nixon that indirectly led to the winning goal, but you have to chalk that one up to refs make mistakes. Not the end of the world, we'll get the split tomorrow night.
    these bad first period over the last three weeks, really need to be addressed, its nice to see they have the ability to come back, but it is going to catch up and bite them in the ass sooner than later,
    PG is starting to turn there game around, and I would rather see the Giants play them in the first round than us, and at least right now the Blazers have the upper hand on who comes in first, lets hope they keep it that way

It wasn't much of a check from behind, and no where near the boards (if its the check I think you are talking about), so why would they call it? It wasn't like the soft holding call against Wishart that led to the tie-up goal in the last 2 minutes. All told the ref made more than a few lousey calls, then turns around and lets a bunch go, all night. I can't say he was terrible, but was better the first night against PA, just not consistant at all with what he called against either team.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Kamfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    It wasn't much of a check from behind, and no where near the boards (if its the check I think you are talking about), so why would they call it? It wasn't like the soft holding call against Wishart that led to the tie-up goal in the last 2 minutes. All told the ref made more than a few lousey calls, then turns around and lets a bunch go, all night. I can't say he was terrible, but was better the first night against PA, just not consistant at all with what he called against either team.
    Are you saying it was less of a penalty than a soft holding penalty? Boards or not, he got drilled in the numbers (which is a penalty). The crowd would've went nuts if the roles were reversed.

The check I saw, yes you can say it was on the numbers, but from my angle it wasn't a hard hit, and more of a push and Nixon fell down. Besides, if a ref called a penalty against Kamloops in OT IN Kamloops your crowd wouldn't go wild?? There isn't to often a ref will call a penalty in OT unless there was chance of injury or something blantant that takes away a scoring chance. There were just as many non-called penalties throughout the entire game. If you want an example....ask me.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Kamfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    The check I saw, yes you can say it was on the numbers, but from my angle it wasn't a hard hit, and more of a push and Nixon fell down. Besides, if a ref called a penalty against Kamloops in OT IN Kamloops your crowd wouldn't go wild?? There isn't to often a ref will call a penalty in OT unless there was chance of injury or something blantant that takes away a scoring chance. There were just as many non-called penalties throughout the entire game. If you want an example....ask me.
    I thought we were pressing for a scoring chance at the time. I just wish the winning goal hadn't been on the resulting rush seconds later. If it came after the next stoppage I could live with it.

And if it was a Blazer taking that penalty in Kamloops I wouldn't have been surprised to see it called. I saw two much softer penalties get called in OT in the Giants-Rockets game on Friday. Just looking for consistency.