Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Sutter

Iconcup Mr. Sutter

Brent has decided not to return to the Devils and instead will concentrate his efforts on being the hands-on GM of the Rebels, Bravo !! I think this was the news that a lot of Rebels fans were waiting to hear and I believe it will positively impact the team for the 09-10 season.
    applauseapplauseapplause
    punk rock

Default Great move...

Might be able to land some good prospects that might have thought bout the college route.

Either way they shouldnt be and wont be any worse then they were last season. It was one of their worst years and ever since Brent went to New Jersey, that team has taked a nose dive. Brent Sutter is made for junior and it has clearly shown with the Rebels and the Canadian Junior Team. Look for Ferraro & Nugent-Hopkins to be one of the best 1-2 combos in the league this year...

Quote Originally Posted by 3rebels View Post
    Brent has decided not to return to the Devils and instead will concentrate his efforts on being the hands-on GM of the Rebels, Bravo !! I think this was the news that a lot of Rebels fans were waiting to hear and I believe it will positively impact the team for the 09-10 season.
    applauseapplauseapplause
    punk rock
    well in all honesty he never said that from what i read. Part of me still has a feeling he may end up in Calgary, which in itself, being so close, is a boost. But yes i dont recall reading in the paper that he will now be the "hands on GM".

Quote Originally Posted by hockey4 View Post
    well in all honesty he never said that from what i read. Part of me still has a feeling he may end up in Calgary, which in itself, being so close, is a boost. But yes i dont recall reading in the paper that he will now be the "hands on GM".
    I dont recall him saying he will be the "hands on GM" either actually. However, I do recall very well him saying he would be more than happy to just work on his family farm all next season if so be it. And obviously if thats the case, he'll be able to put forth more work into the Rebels. At the same time if hes not coaching anywhere next season I think you'll see him alot more often than not in Carolina watching his son Brandon. At some point he will end up in Calgary i think, but i dont think you'll hear much about Brent Sutter in the NHL next season.

Iconcup

Well, I don't know whether to be happy that as least Brent is in Alberta, or sad, that he is going to coach the Flames !! Got to believe the Canucks can still take them come next spring. Hopefully with Brent "close" the Rebels can pick up the pace and make the playoffs !!vc124

well that was the worst kept secret of the year.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Quote Originally Posted by RDRebelsfan View Post
    well that was the worst kept secret of the year.
    No kidding!! On a different note, I noticed your page says "Bentley Generals". Former Brandon Wheat King Brett Thurston was a member of that squad I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    No kidding!! On a different note, I noticed your page says "Bentley Generals". Former Brandon Wheat King Brett Thurston was a member of that squad I believe.
    damn right he was! I'm with the team, in a non playing role.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    Either way they shouldnt be and wont be any worse then they were last season. It was one of their worst years and ever since Brent went to New Jersey, that team has taked a nose dive. Brent Sutter is made for junior and it has clearly shown with the Rebels and the Canadian Junior Team. Look for Ferraro & Nugent-Hopkins to be one of the best 1-2 combos in the league this year...
    Shown in the WJ team maybe but the REbels were in a nose dive long before Mr. Sutter left for New Jersey. Anywhere on the internet, the Rebels are being described as a 'bottom feeder' team. You don't get that name unless you sit in the basement for a long time. The Rebels do seriously need some help but like you said, there are some very good players in the line up for this season and hopefully Jesse can work some magic.