Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cougars relocation on the horizon?

is a move to winnipeg viable ? big market, ice would go abck to bc div and leave it at 5 teams. just a thought as im not too aware of wehats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Section_Z
    Yes, I agree PG fans will go to watch good hockey.
    The PG organization needs to shape up, and start fixing the problems within the club. They can start with the fact that one of the players' bench doors is sticking because the plexiglass covering the advertisement is poorly installed....
    Wouldnt anything to do with the building be the city's responsibility because the team doesnt own the building.

PG fans need to be patient yet come out and realy support the team in times of desperasion. The Tigers as everyone knows went through so many years as a cellar team. But also something needs to be shaken up. The owner needs to take responsability and bring in some people that want to turn the team around.
    nhl Go Tigers Go

I wish they would have talked about relocating a couple years ago, then maybe we wouldn't have had a couple expansion teams.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    is a move to winnipeg viable ? big market, ice would go abck to bc div and leave it at 5 teams. just a thought as im not too aware of wehats going on
    Good question.I think the Moose draw pretty well.Its not uncommon for AHL teams to move,though.

Default I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    I agree... Winnipeg got screwed out of keeping an NHL team, but they would love to have a WHL team come their way. I think that it is a very real possibility, especially considering that Brandon has played several games in that city in recent seasons.
    Redwic

I can't understand what the Brodsky family is getting out of this anymore. It can't be fun having a building that is empty and you losing money. It also can't be fun getting hacked (even though most of what is said it true) in the media all the time.

Is he hoping that he flukes out a great season and the fans come back and then he sells when the price can be raised? I don't get them at all.

He sould have let that group of NHL players buy in when they came offering.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Quote Originally Posted by Sput
    Anyone want to do the math for getting a loaded bus with upwards of 35 people on board across on BC Ferrys?
    ~$10.50/passenger x 35 = $367.50
    1 charter bus over 15' long x $7/ft = $105

Total of $472.50 ONE WAY

Now...add in all the fuel surcharges that those crooks at BC Ferries charge and that is all extra. And they would have to buy assured loading passes to keep to a busy WHL sched.

But I am sure that the WHL and BC Ferries would come up with some sort of deal I would imagine. But still.

And now factor in how unreliable the ferries are. Take me for example. I was planning on being on the 6:30PM ferry from Tsawassen to Duke Point. CANCELLED. So now I have to wait for the 8:15PM. Imagine if that happened to a team that had to be somewhere in 24hrs and what if it was the last ferry of the night that they were catching? Which isn't all that out of the question.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

well then whoever bought the Cougs and moved them back to the island, would have to be wealthy and fly his team everywhere, except in the playoffs where he would be forced to use the same mode of transport that the other team chooses. Deja VU..=)
    Warm Up the Bus....