Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos vs. Tigers Game two of home and home, Feb. 26 recap

Ms. Hockey Guest

Default All I'm trying to get across...

That next year our team needs to change. I realize that this year is a building year and that next year we will be better. But I think that if we kept the same roster and lost our two twenty year olds we still wouldn't be good enough. We need to make some trades to get rid of the players who probably wouldn't make any other team in the league...or the players that aren't producing for us. Sometimes a trade really changes things up. I think the Broncos will have quite a different roster next year. Considering that we only lose two players to age I would think that we will have 4 new forwards and 3 new defencemen next year...who knows, maybe even a new goalie (16 year old maybe to take over when Moir is too old?)
    Point is I don't think that some of our players are good enough to be in the WHL.

LOYALTY Guest

Default I Agree...

100% with you. I too think that there will have to be some tweeking for next season, all of the players have had a chance to prove what they can contribute to the team and some have had a few years to do this, if they haven't changed their style of hockey to suite the team by now they never will. There are a few players that I would like to see either get more physical or be elimininated from the team, you can't have hugger on the d-line for one, we need some solid -not afraid to go to the corner -guys and people that aren't afraid to follow through on a check, my son is less than half these guys age and has a more physical presense on the ice than some of these broncos...sorry that is just the way I feel.

Default The Roster

I think we will start the season basically the same as we ended it. Some minor tweeking may go on to try and get some desperately needed offense.
    I think Peeters will be gone, to make room for Yonkman. Schulz will be traded to open a spot for Alexander or Postma, also if RJ is unable to return one of those two may take his place. Szczachor was given the choice this year to see limited ice or play in the SJHL, so I don't think he'll be around and Murray will not be with the team. I never heard that Wasmuth doesn't want to be here but if that's true he may not be a Bronco next year. That would free up three forward positions, one most likely will be taken with Bortis. The other two possibly Levi Nelson and Zack Smith. Also not to sure what they will do with Knebl??? I think we will start the season with something like that and see how we do. Desloges and Leovold will pick it up next year and put up some good numbers along with Hunter. Will also be good to see what Bortis can do in his rookie season.

There is also the ability to pick up another 20 year old. Should be some good ones available.

Ms. Hockey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead
    I think we will start the season basically the same as we ended it. Some minor tweeking may go on to try and get some desperately needed offense.
    I think Peeters will be gone, to make room for Yonkman. Schulz will be traded to open a spot for Alexander or Postma, also if RJ is unable to return one of those two may take his place. Szczachor was given the choice this year to see limited ice or play in the SJHL, so I don't think he'll be around and Murray will not be with the team. I never heard that Wasmuth doesn't want to be here but if that's true he may not be a Bronco next year. That would free up three forward positions, one most likely will be taken with Bortis. The other two possibly Levi Nelson and Zack Smith. Also not to sure what they will do with Knebl??? I think we will start the season with something like that and see how we do. Desloges and Leovold will pick it up next year and put up some good numbers along with Hunter. Will also be good to see what Bortis can do in his rookie season.
    I agree that Peeters will be gone, Schulz will be traded (if anyone will take him), Szczachor will be gone too...Wasmuth has vocalized that he doesn't like it in Swift Current and doesn't like any of the other players...why don't you believe Murray will be in Swift Current? I'm not sure if he will or not...he has yet to impress me but has not shown me any reason why he should be cut. I definately think Nelson will be in Swift Current next year. I don't think Smith will be, he's not good enough or strong enough.
    Desloges, Leovold, Brisebois, and Hunter will be great for us next year.

6. Default Murray

It's too bad that you say that Murray will not be on the team next year. I don't think this guy hasn't had the chance to prove himself. We dealt Redenbach for him, we should try and get more out of him. He has shown signs of promise. Maybe I feel sorry for the kid for all he's been through (read The Passion of the David Murray http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=619) but why not give him a chance before we write off the guy we traded our star player for? Cruse is almost done, Larochelle could have a career ender at any moment, all we may have left from the deal is Murray.

Default Murray

Just haven't really seen alot from him. When he first came to the team he was looking pretty good, but then the whole Glass deal came about and he's seen limited ice on a fourth line. Mabye, the whole Glass incident really got to him and hopefully with a fresh start next season, he'll get it going. I do hope so because yes he was part of the Redenbach deal and it would be nice to see him do something. Mabye I just gave up on him to early. Sorry guys, Murray's back on the team. lol!

Ms. Hockey Guest

Default Not sure...

It's hard to say when you don't see a player get much ice time. I guess the other thing to ask is: Is there a reason the coaches aren't playing him? Maybe it's an off ice problem or a lack of effort...maybe it's they don't think he's that great...
    Or maybe the coaches are not that smart! (joking, kind of)