• Garrett Klotz

5 11.90%
  • Evan Haw

1 2.38%
  • Aaron Boogaard

9 21.43%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: WHL Heavyweights

Why are there question marks beside guys like McArdle, Lind, Bailey, King, Wiens and Bhungal? All these kids are pretty tough. McRae and Jaquemet both got the instigators on their fights so Gauthier didn't pick on them. Toulmin and Zetaruik are both bigger then Gauthier. The only 2 question marks are Menei and Schlemko.

As for DePape he had 17 fights last year with guys like Yeo, Day, Reich, Knudsen, Bryce, Lind.

Not saying that either of them are tougher then Klotz just making a point that they aren't push-overs.

Also even with the fight card, you get credit for just standing there holding a guys jersey, you have to put up some wins and solid draws to be a good fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    What are you doing with this fight card? you have to put full fight cards not just this years . Put the whole thing, and you question mark everyone elses questionable fights but Klotz's . And by the way Vann did just as well against Lynch as Klotz did last night
    Lynch owned Klotz last night. Klotz is a one-trick pony and he still can't get it right
    From Parts Unknown

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Sabes
    Why are there question marks beside guys like McArdle, Lind, Bailey, King, Wiens and Bhungal? All these kids are pretty tough. McRae and Jaquemet both got the instigators on their fights so Gauthier didn't pick on them. Toulmin and Zetaruik are both bigger then Gauthier. The only 2 question marks are Menei and Schlemko.

As for DePape he had 17 fights last year with guys like Yeo, Day, Reich, Knudsen, Bryce, Lind.

Not saying that either of them are tougher then Klotz just making a point that they aren't push-overs.

Also even with the fight card, you get credit for just standing there holding a guys jersey, you have to put up some wins and solid draws to be a good fighter.
    Zetaruik - 6'3 202 pounds
    Gauthier - 6'3 202 pounds
    Toulmin - 6'4 202 pounds

Yeah they're pretty much the same size.

Why are you saying MacArdle is tough? I guess all WHL players are tough, but when it comes to WHL standards, MacArdle is NOT tough. Bailey is not tough. Wiens isnt very tough. Bailey is 5'9and not tough.
    BLEED BLUE

rinkrat Guest

McArdle,laid a licking on Crowley from Everett a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize he could fight,but it was pretty one sided!
    I was wondering if those two had a "history" going back to their days in the Eastern division?

Talking BOXING ?? What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball
    .. I was basing that on boxing points...

No point in argueing since he won on my judging scale.
    BOXING ?? Hey Buddy, its hockey! What color is the sky in your world?

Don't worry, I won't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball

Leffler full fight card: Elder, Pieper, Cloud, Gervais, Grantham, Busto.

Yeah Leffler is sure the better fighter haha
    hey guess what..... leffler held his own last year against a certain overage unskilled goon, who never belonged in the league
    the goon's name ?
    brandon tidball........ haha yep so apparantly his "fight card" just improved no?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    Crowley himself is pretty tough
    Yes I would agree both Troy and his brother Dane are tough,but Troy has better work ethic though,sometimes I can not believe the nonsense that goes on around here,but anywhere you go you will find it.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

dane crowley's stock has been rising a lot. ever since he left the blades. he is looking like a solid d-man with nhl potential. he never appeared to have any before arriving in swift.

I talked to Les Lazuruk(Blades Comentator) this past weekend and i finally figured out why Stoesz and Gauthier won't fight Klotz and it does make perfect sense.... Its not that the teams are not telling them to fight or they need them on the ice as much as they can but it is that they don't fight Klotz or any other 4th line heavyweight is that they know that if Klotz is out on the ice, their team has a better chance of scoring against a 4th line. Gauthier goes after the smaller and better player(mostly 1st liners) because he can get them off the game and it frustrates them and it a chance that they won't score as much and if Gauthier fights one of them, then on of the opposing teams best players is off the ice for a good amount of time.

I still believe that Klotz and Gauthier will go at it this weekend. Its the end of the season. If the Blades loss the P.A on friday then they will go at it cause then the Blades will be out of the playoffs.

I was going to take the bus up to P.A for the game but the Booster Club can't get a bus so thats kind of a bummer but hopefully the Blades can make the playoffs so i can go to Brandon.

Good luck to both teams.... May the best team win!