Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Round 1 vs Kootenay

caduddin Guest

Goalies were the difference tonight, Spence looked shaky in the first and that doesn't inspire confidence in the team. When the guy between the pipes isn't on his game, the rest of the team become aware that he isn't and become edgy.
    Dakers on the other hand played a very good game and kept Kootenay in it.

Yeah the refs didn't help the game and some of the penalties were questionable but I can't help feeling we need a better no1 goalie.
    I'd agree that Kisio should have called a timeout during the second. Our guys went to sleep and got severely punished for it. They needed a kick up their backsides and should have got it during the second, not after it.
    Kootenay played for their lives the last 2 games knowing the price if they failed, we simply didn't prepare ourselves.

Credit to Kootenay though, it's now 3-3, and unless our guys can mentally prepare for game 7, it'll be a long journey home. Unfortunately inconsistency has been our downfall this season. One game we play like we're unbeatable, the next I'm surprised some of them managed to suit up correctly.
    I can't help feeling Kootenay will win this one, I hope I'm wrong.

bjhunnicutt Guest

Default Caduddin

Momentum has IMO shifted to the Ice.

For your sake here's hoping the lack of success in the playoffs the past couple of yrs. doesn't get into the heads of your players.

There is however the inconsistancy bug that has afflicted both teams at one time or another in each game of the series.
    I'm feeling better now comming home with momentum for game 7, but these two teams match up well with the difference in games 2-6 being Dakers and helped out by the Ice again finding their scoring touch.

The rubber match should be one of epic proportions.

Good luck...but not too much good luck. BJ

Spence's glove hand was broken all night long, but overall, I thought he played well. He certantly is not as polished as Dakers was, but he had no prayer on either the first or second goals. The third goal he should have been ready for, even if it was a collossal fluke, but really, I find it hard to fault him more for not being focussed when the rest of his team was just as lethargic at that point. A joke of a play by Stone, who has been easily the worst Hitman player these playoffs, led to his team losing focus for 5 minutes, and that was enough. There was no reason why another comeback should have been necessary, and even less for the black and white striped clowns to have the impact they did on the outcome.

Unbelievable game by both teams tonight. Simply amazing. The Ice probably deserved a better fate, but Calgary really earned this one. Now to ride this win into Brandon.

Icon32

Great game to cap off a great series. We should have won it in 6 but the Ice showed why they are one of the top teams in Canada. Awesome game by many of the players on both sides. We need Dupont to come to play in Brandon. Lets harvest the wheaties.
    nhl pbj nhl pbj nhl pbj

And to think I was just about to post something about Kisio finally getting relieved of his duties because of the lack of finish the past few years.

What a great OT, great move by Duval.

Bring on the Wheaties!

caduddin Guest

I WAS WRONG!!!!

What a game, that could have gone either way, I chewed off half my fingernails.
    There were no losers there, Kootenay played one heck of a game and a series. I'm sure they'll be right up there again next season.

Mats Guest

Congrats Calgary- great series and it hurts but this series the best team won.
    Also the franchise and their players showed a whole lot of class at the end-especeially banging their sticks when Dakers was named 3rd star.
    The Hitties now have a new fan on their band-wagon- I hope I don't curse your playoff run............................
    Brandon is in for alot of trouble.

wow great hockey folks -- I think its a shame one of the teams had to lose -- congrats, but that game was a toss-up -- great GWG though -- sweet pass, and nice finish.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Well 24 hours later it still hurts to lose a game 7, but now it is time to say hats off to the Hitmen, they played 67 minutes last night and had more fuel to burn. Best of luck to your Memorial Cup run, the road doesn't get much easier.