Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Phaneuf Named Chl’s Best Player For Second Straight Year

Default Phaneuf deserves to be #1

Phanuef's can do it all & do it all well. Skate, shoot, stickhandle, stick it to you in front of the net. He was the all-planet D at the WJC. If he were in the QMJHL shoot & score system, he could have 40+ goals. If there was NHL this year, he would be getting a regular shift. In five or six years, he will be a pro all-star. No media hype. No false pretense. No optical illusion. He's the real deal #1. Crosby will have to wait, for now.
    "It's clobberin' time..."

hey sammy he has done well but he is also 19 look at him at 17 he has grown alot as a player and i still think he has miles to go before people lable him with the scott stevens brand. thats my point he has played amazing but people are saying he is the next scott stevens that is a very bold statment stevens was and is one of the most feared nhl d men of all time I accually think webber is better in his own end than dion with farless hype he punnishes people with out putting himself out of position sure dion makes the highlight real but he needs to pick his spots better that will come with time. The whole point is crosby at 17 years old has shown no sign of being a bust. there is no way he will put up gretzky numbers but he could put up Joe sakic like numbers and if he turns out like Joe thats not a bust.

Congratulations Dion you are the premere defenceman in the dub. If the NHL was playing now i'm sure you would be wearing a flames jersy .

Quote Originally Posted by Furback
    hey sammy he has done well but he is also 19 look at him at 17 he has grown alot as a player and i still think he has miles to go before people lable him with the scott stevens brand. thats my point he has played amazing but people are saying he is the next scott stevens that is a very bold statment stevens was and is one of the most feared nhl d men of all time I accually think webber is better in his own end than dion with farless hype he punnishes people with out putting himself out of position sure dion makes the highlight real but he needs to pick his spots better that will come with time. The whole point is crosby at 17 years old has shown no sign of being a bust. there is no way he will put up gretzky numbers but he could put up Joe sakic like numbers and if he turns out like Joe thats not a bust.
    i still think he has miles to go before people lable him with the joe sakic brand. thats my point he has played amazing but people are saying he is the next joe sakic that is a very bold statment sakic was and is one of the most talented nhl forwards of all time.

Look familiar?

You tell us that we haven't proven to you that Crosby is overhyped, well what is your argument, that he puts himself out of position to make a big hit? That is your argument?

I also find it funny that you refer to the people that disagree with as idiots and that we must not watch much hockey. Dude, it is our opinions and if you don't like them, tough.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

you guys claimed he was a bust what is your proof explain why you think he is a bust and i will agree with you. as for dion i guess i just dont think he is as great as some people i think he has got overatted in my eyes i like webber better but hey whatever i dont want to change your minds i just got defensive cause people called crosby the next daigle cause that is silly. I dont care if you disagree with me but if your being a idiot i will call you an idiot i dont play this one big happy family crap.

You know what, I don't think anyone called him a bust. You're simply putting words in people's mouths. I said "it smells a little too much like Alexandre Daigle". I also said I'd wait until he actually played a professional game before I called him the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is a hell of a player but the comparisons to Gretzky, Mario, and the rest of the greats are a little pre-mature.

The argument you have against Phaneuf is basically the exact same argument we have against Crosby. You say Weber is better, Scotty believes that Brule is better and you ripped him for it. Where is your proof to back up your belief that Phaneuf is overrated? You are always asking us for proof so where is yours? Remember Phaneuf was named CHL's best prospect two years running by a panel of experts.

The idiot comments were a little ironic to me because many of the people you called idiots at least had a handle on some basic spelling and punctuation unlike some of the gibberish of yours we had to battle through.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

ALSO....

Dude your arguments are so flawed. I can't sleep so I think I might go through and point some of these out for you.

...if the first two years of juniors are ant indacation crosby is the real deal...
    Scotty already pointed this out but...

G A P
    Crosby 112 168 280
    Daigle 80 167 247

Crosby has put up monster numbers but if the first two years of Jr. are an indication Daigle should be tearing it up in NHL. In case you did not know, he is not.

only time will tell but daniel cleary played with him in a camp when he was 16 and said he could make the nhl at 16 but i guess you dub fans know what it takes to make it to the nhl over a nhler?
    Hehe, NHLer Daniel Cleary, who also put up monster numbers in Jr. only to fall flat on his ass in the show.

crosby is the real deal not cause he has all these points but becuase i have watched hockey for 25 years and i know tallent and he is not just a one trick poney.
    And that is why teams are beating down your door to get you to be their #1 scout because with you in control your team will be unstoppable. I'm sure there are several others on this board who have also watched hockey for 25 years and also know talent and I'm sure some of them will reserve judgment on Sid until he actually plays a game of pro.

well i think our nhls hart trophey winner played in the Q oh wait so did the conn smyth winner ya yuo guys are right you have proven me wrong lol
    Actually Martin St. Louis played four years at the U of Vermont. I'm surprised a veteran hockey watcher and talent knower would not know that yet a guy like me who "must not know much about hockey" would. Strange.

even gretzky could win the scoring title at 16 crosby did
    You are right on the mark with that statement. Gretzky may not have won the scoring title but he did amass 182 points (which amazingly did not win the scoring race). So which is more prolific scoring 182 points without a scoring title or scoring 135 with a scoring title? It's up to you.

Well that's what I came up with. Take it for what it's worth.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

ya but you cant compare generations you cant its not fair even the goals per game for teams have dropped so to compare stats is impossible to do. hockey has become more about systemes and players individual production has dropped off. to compare what a player did even ten years ago is impossible. the only thing i can say is crosby has lead junior hockey in scoring two years in a row daigle did not crosby is a two way player daigle is not to compare the two just on points alone proves you dont watch hockey you just watch stats. hey all i said about cleary was he said the kid could play in the nhl at 16 he plays with nhl he knows the skill level i think i will take his word over yours. Cleary did not tear up the O he was ok as far as junior scorers go he got overhyped cause he got invited to world junior camp at 16 but he only had one 100 point year in 4 seasons with the bulls. This is a pointless argument we will not know if crosby is a bust for a few years but my only point is he has not shown any signs of being a bust oh ya still waiting for you guys to explain that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Furback
    ya but you cant compare generations you cant its not fair even the goals per game for teams have dropped so to compare stats is impossible to do. hockey has become more about systemes and players individual production has dropped off. to compare what a player did even ten years ago is impossible. the only thing i can say is crosby has lead junior hockey in scoring two years in a row daigle did not crosby is a two way player daigle is not to compare the two just on points alone proves you dont watch hockey you just watch stats. hey all i said about cleary was he said the kid could play in the nhl at 16 he plays with nhl he knows the skill level i think i will take his word over yours. Cleary did not tear up the O he was ok as far as junior scorers go he got overhyped cause he got invited to world junior camp at 16 but he only had one 100 point year in 4 seasons with the bulls. This is a pointless argument we will not know if crosby is a bust for a few years but my only point is he has not shown any signs of being a bust oh ya still waiting for you guys to explain that to me.
    Yes, we agree on something!!!! We won't know if he's a bust and we won't know if he will be a superstar. That is basically what we have all been arguing about. Also no one said he was going to be a bust. I compared him to Daigle, that's it.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

It is a horrible comparason the only thing they have in common is they both went #1 well crosby not yet but as soon as there is the draft