Thread: Hurricane Members

Default Hurricane Members

Whats happening in Lethbridge with respect to the possible sale of the team, or is that a done deal as not going to happen.
    Drop the Puck

Haven't heard anything. I did hear a rumour at the start of the season that a few of the Sutters wanted to buy the team but that idea was squashed. Although that was a rumour and could have been a giant load of BS.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

Icon32

The Sutters really want the team , but the board of Directors will not let it happen! This has not even came to a vote at the General meeting. Too many people are scared that if they don't make money, they will pick the team up and move it or sell it. Right now the Canes have a great deal with the city on the Enmax Centre! So I think the deal is dead for now ..it will always come up but I really think unless the canes really lose money it will never happen .

The issue has gone away because the team is winning. That's really all the Sutters' wanted to begin with. Sure they'd love to own the team, but the success of the franchise is what's most important.