Thread: Saskatoon Blades- Great Season

Default Saskatoon Blades- Great Season

I think the Saskatoon Blades should be very proud of the way they battled through numerous injuries, the trading of DEVIN SETOGUCHI and WACEY RABBIT...two player who would've led them to the playoffs no doubt. They played this whole season without a single 19 yr old player which is unheard of(unless you count Peeters and Neufeld who were backups briefly). This whole team is back except for its overachieving 20 yr olds. Lorne will be attending the NHL draft to select drafted Imports this year and will likely bring in a 2-3 20's I'm told. These young guys can hold there heads high knowing they took it all the way to the last weekend of the season when they had no business even going that far and still be in the hunt. What is a given is that the Blades will pick somewhere around 10th overall in the import draft and around 3rd overall in the bantam draft which is icing on the cake for an already deep prospect pool....Looking good!!!

Yes Kudos to the Blades for fighting right to the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This off-season will be a very productive one for sure It would have been nice to cheer the boys on in Manitoba,but maybe next year for a game. I think that the Blades will only select 1 new euro(to replace Visnak) With the good group of 16 year olds coming next season it looks good,now as long as the Blades can develop and improve that mix these players with veteran players. The future looks very bright for this team.
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 03-17-2007 at 04:45 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default I'll help you out

Curtis Hamilton-15 yr old from Kelowna playing with the Okanagan Rockets of the BC Midget hockey league. He finished 6th in league scoring and finished first amongst his age group. He has good size at 6'2 185 and will be a dominant player and even better than Gillies. With his late bday, not eligable for the NHL draft till 2010!!!!

Stefan Elliott-15 yr old from Vancouver. Acquired in the Devin Setoguchi deal along with PG's first rounder. Elliot was BC minor hockey player of the year in 2006. THis year he finished 3rd in dman scoring in that league as a 15 yr old with 12 goals and 21 assists in 35 games. He was named as an underage for the Canada Winter Games to team BC along with Ferraro and Howse who are both huge stars coming hup.

Mitch Berg-15 yr old ROCK! He simply man handles the kids aged 16-17 in the Midget league he plays in smaaahl with the Blazers. He isn't flashy but very solid and reminds many of Barrett Jackman type dman. Already is 6'3 206 lbs.

It will be great to see these guys full time next season(if they all make the team,I am sure they will) I am very excited too see Stefan Elliott,I wonder what will go down in the game tonight?? It should be a good one,even though it is meaningless for both teams now.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Thumbs up Good Season Boys

This was a great season. They did pretty good for the re-building year. This was the first year i got season tickets and I don't regret buying them. The only thing that is a bummer is that Cole and Menei won't be back next season. I really enjoyed watching him tie up the one timers. Ever since I have been watching the Blades I have never seen a leader like Cole. Hopefully we can find another 20 leader juring the offseason. I will be diffently be purchasing season tickets and will be going on the Booster Club fan bus alot more. I also have to say that Gillies was a bit disapointing this year. He didn't put up high numbers like he was projected to do.

Here are some of my highlights of this year.
    1)Had rookie goalies step up and keep the Blades in the game from night to night
    2)The addition of Hulak, Dulle and Cuthbert really helped or scoring, Power Play and Penalty Kill.
    3)The addition of an enforcer. Klotz added some toughness and mad the team feal protected cause of his presence.
    4)The fan support, not so much at the CUC but on the road. The fans that came out for the Booster Club Fan Bus really made a difference on the road.
    5)And of course I had to throw in Klotz's fights and the Zemlak vs Spence fight. I was there in person to see the goalie fight and that was entertaining.

Next Year
    I believe the Blades are going to be a for sure for the playoffs. They were so close this year and just wait tell some of the 16 & 17 buff up and gain some more skill. It will also be Holtby's second season so he will know what to expect and the nerves won't play as such of a factor. Hopefully Gillies steps up and shows everyone that he is a high NHL draft pick. McCrae in my mind will be the the Captain. He will diffently be the leader next year.

Lorne will diffently get another Import. IMO Visnak will not be back next season. He is just to small and opposing players are just running over him. Konecny needs to learn to stay on his feet when hitting someone in the corner and he needs to toughen up. I think he is a little scared of his own shadow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Elliot next year. I have heard so much good things about this young kid and I just can't wait to see. Walker Wintoneak needs to gain just a little more speed. Him and Cuthbert on the Penalty Kill are amazing. Walker can always get the put out and Cuthbert is fast and blocks many shots a game.

Play the last game strong and end the season on a good note. Great Season Boys. I'll be cheering you on next season punk rock !

We also should just keep this thread on congradulating the blades not talking about the Game notes on tonights game. Every Blades fan should post on this thread.
    Last edited by Blades 4 Life!; 03-17-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Nicely put Blades 4 life! I have to agree with every point you made, except for the booster club notes, because I never went on any. All in all, great season and lets rip er up next season! Hulak will have an unbelievable season, leading the blades up there with McRae and Gillies(hopefully) in scoring! Cant wait to see what Elliot can do for us!