Thread: Tigers Drop Game 1

Default Tigers Drop Game 1

Wow the atmosphere in the arena was incredible, I know my throat was sore midway through the first.

The first period was one of the wildest 1st periods i have seen this year.

Chris stevens slid head first into the boards, at near full speed and layed pretty motionless for a good 10 minutes. He was taken off the ice in a stretcher. A chant of stevens, stevens, rang out in the air. According to the tigers broadcast, he was checked out at the hospital and is ok.

3 straight goals, along with the injury, put a damper on our spirits pretty quick. I thought the tigers were a little too emotional, and a little overanxious, but 4 straight penalties takes a toll.
    The one goal looked offside, the third goal was when stevens was lying motionless. The bounces wern't going our way

However the tigers bounced back, with bendfeld crushing karey pieper,along the boards. Immediately after Pieper ran a tiger along along the boards, the fight was on. After a spirited bout, Benfeld put an end to it with a solid punch sending pieper to the ice. The arena was abuzz again. 2 quick goals later we had a hockey game.

Unfortunately for Medicine Hat the second started out just as bad as the first giving up a quick goal 24 seconds in. The tigers couldnt capitalize on thier 5 pp chances. The bounces just weren't going the tigers way. Darren helm had a clear cut breakaway, but the puck was rolling and slipped of his stick, not even turning into a shot on goal. In the third the emotion from the first 2 periods started to take its toll and red deer grew stronger. A powerplay goal midway through the third, sank thier spirits making it a 5-2 game

A disasterous start, to what many people believe will be a long playoff run. What turns out to be the second game of the playoffs should almost be considered a must win. Its only 1 game, and the tigers have overcome lots of adversity in the regular season. Lets hope they overcome it once again
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

The tigers had virtually no adversity last year for the first two playoff rounds. They had a tough game or two but the overall playoff record tells the tale, the tigers kicked the crap out of swift and 'toon last season. But when they finally were tested they weren't able to rise to the occasion, due in part in my mind because they hadn't faced any adversity.

If they can tough this out, and eventually get Dorsett and Stevens going again they will be nearly impossible to beat. It's tough enough beating a sutter club, it's even harder missing 2/3's of your top line.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I was shocked to see stevens dressed tonight. He wasn't laying back either.

Hanzal and rumpel will probably be suspended 1 game, due to thier 5 minute major and game misconducts. Fortunately for us when we killed off the rebels 5 minute powerplay, the rebels didnt manage a shot on goal, and the tigers even had the better opportunity to score. That next game is just as important, like always in the playoffs.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

why is it that the top 2 teams through the regular season seem to be having all the troubles in the playoffs?
    nhl Go Tigers Go

Heh the playoffs seem to be a whole new style of hockey. The rebels are just too good of a team to go down in 4,5, and are made for playoff hockey.

They probably went in to this series thinking, they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Their hard to score goals on, cause everyone collapses to the front of the net, but they also pressure our pointman up top. As well as hit everything that moves.

This is building up for an intese game 5, and 6, and who knows maybe a 7th?
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS