Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's Game 7!!!

bjhunnicutt Guest

Default It's Game 7!!!

An old adage..."if you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'".

An Observation:
    Have been of the view that including game 6 in Calgary, the team hadn't yet come to grips with the analogy that laying back into a defensive posture to start a game is akin to an invitation to come to our house, the weather's fine there and if/when you get comfortable being there and we are as well, let's just play there for awhile.

To me this sets up the condition where the opposition gains confidence and a whole lot of positive energy while blistering Ice goaltending....luckily not resulting thus far at least, in the fatal blow.
    On the other side of the puck there is a butterfly affect where our guys leave the ice dragging after the 20, feeling just the opposite.
    Their saving grace so far has been their resiliance and the ability to recover they've exibited throughout the series.

Dan Russel's partner on Shaw, noted last game that he found it hard to believe "how fragile" the Ice looked on many occassions during these playoffs.
    I believe it's because of their game going back and forth from "wanting to win" to one of "not wanting to lose".

It's going to be tough, but this team looks it's best when they are playing a responsible pressure game where they create turnovers off a strong forcheck, odd man rushes and scoring chances off a fast breakout--use their speed, first to the puck, win the battles and the shifts.
    Thanks largely to the last refereeing debacle in Calgary just two days ago along with injuries, both teams may find it a challenge to get their feet moving and stay at a high level tonight.

The Ice will have to be disciplined and stay off the energy draining PK.
    Goaltending once more having a role to play...especially if the Hitties are again allowed to run wild, and all 4 lines contributing as they've so far this season shown they can.

Saw some articles on Shaw that would have us believe the place will be packed tonight as the Ice office has enjoyed some heavy selling.

Is this the hill we die on, or do we live another day.

Should be a classic tonight. Two good teams that both deserve the win. Let's hope the ref stays out of it. I just hope whomever wins have enough to win Friday in Brandon. Good luck to both teams. And hopefully the Hitmen can solve Dakers. He has been the MVP

Listening to this game right now, 0 - 0, and three PP's each in the second period so far, sounds as if the refs want to influence the game ever so slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by peatfan
    Should be a classic tonight. Two good teams that both deserve the win. Let's hope the ref stays out of it. I just hope whomever wins have enough to win Friday in Brandon. Good luck to both teams. And hopefully the Hitmen can solve Dakers. He has been the MVP
    Two good teams going at it tonight, I wonder how each team will deal with a loss, especially Kisio (sp).

Oh no, Calgary just scored to start this off, Yeo's second of the series. Ice are sloppy and have another goal scored quickly to make it 2 - 0. This has become a desperation situation now, the Ice need the next one to stay in this game.

Well the main man of this series for the Ice besides Dakers, DaSilva scores to make the third period ahead set for a barn burner.
    Last edited by Rammer; 04-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Well the main man has made this game a 15 minute period, as DaSilva scores his 5th of the series and ties the game at 2. You have to love those two goal leads that sink you when the opposition gets it going. Whoohooo. Go Ice Go!

Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice.......

Game 7 OT, does it get anymore dramatic. Fans are getting their monies worth and more tonight, wish I could be there.....sigh. Russell is going great for the Ice in this series, so I am picking his skating speed to do the deed for the Ice. nhl

Icon32

Great game Ice and thanks for a hell of a series. Dakers was sensational and was really impressed with Negrin. Great future for him. The crowd was loud the whole game and it was great seeing a SRO. Congrats on a great season and see you next October.

Quote Originally Posted by peatfan
    Great game Ice and thanks for a hell of a series. Dakers was sensational and was really impressed with Negrin. Great future for him. The crowd was loud the whole game and it was great seeing a SRO. Congrats on a great season and see you next October.

Well it takes two to make a great series, and while it seemed one or the other team had the edge in a few games, I think that I can say the team with the bigger heart won it in OT tonight. Ice needed more from a few vets in order to pull this one out, but should be contending next season with their current lineup.

Congratulations on the victory, best of luck the rest of the way Calgary.

bjhunnicutt Guest

Default A lot to be proud of

Losing sucks (as the Donald would say), but a very good game tonight in any event.

Hey...the reffing was as good as the game....and the game was as good as it was, thanks a lot to the officiating.

The two teams left it all on the ice.
    Thought the Ice were fighting fatigue from about mid way through regulation time and really missing Bousto and Billiston.
    In spite of the challenges they really gutted it out, leaving absolutely nothing in the tank.
    Calgary on the other hand seemed to have a little more steam tonight than the home team and got it done when it could have really gone either way.

The Hitties will be challenged in the next round as Brandon have been sitting for a week sucking back beer and playing cards....OK so I embellish.

This series deserves to go down in history as a very good one between two solid hockey teams, won by a gutsy Hitties squad that really earned it.

To the KI grads...thanks so much for sharing your youth with us here in the Kootenays, and giving fans the honour of witnessing one of the best seasons in Ice history.
    That's saying a mouthfull as there has been an amazing stable of talent who have graced us with their time over the yrs.

The coaching staff have much to be proud of, as they managed to mould a cohesive unit, as tight as can possibly be. The chemistry was second to none, no easy accomplishment.
    I liked very much the team's ability this season to not get too high or too low at any time. There was certaily ample opportunity to grow big egoes with all the team's success, but Cory and Brad did a great job of keeping everyone grounded.

We'll be losing some quality youth in the off season, but as usual management look to have some great kids on hand and more in the wings to give us another good season starting this fall.

It's been nice talking with you.

If it ever stops snowing I'm going fishin'. BJ

oh man good hockey game -- a toss-up who was going to win -- both teams had effort and heart. It really is a shame one team has to lose. Good work getting back into the series Kootenay -- great game 7 -- OT fantastic goal wiht a perfect pass and nice moves to finish. Dakers had no chance.

Great effort and great season for the Ice -- the parity and toughness in the Central really tested all the teams in that division and its only fitting that both series went to 7 games.

It may hurt right now but be proud of your team and what they did this year -- well-done.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/