Thread: Aaron Boogaard signs with Pens

Default Aaron Boogaard signs with Pens

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/s...hp?tid/501441/

The poster giving the notification is actually Boogy's brother.

I hope its true. Nothing showing the deal on the NHL transactions or the WilkesBarre transactions yet though. I'll look again tomarrow.

is "arby" the brother ryan meantioned in this article and thread ?
    http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=363656

Yes it's Ryan. Talked to him back when WHL Underground and The Fighting Major were going on. Man I miss those 2 sites.

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpo...c-f8ee6efb5a33

Boogaard signs deal to play for Pens

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
    Published: Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aaron Boogaard is beginning the march of the Penguins.

The 20-year-old Regina product signed a three-year contract with the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, at which time he was assigned to the team's AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Boogaard came to terms with the Penguins just a week after his WHL career ended with the Tri-City Americans, who were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by the Seattle Thunderbirds.

"This was a surprise. No one, including me, expected it," he told the Tri-City Herald. "It's always nice to move on and prove people wrong who didn't believe in me."

Boogaard, originally drafted by the Minnesota Wild (sixth round, 2004), became a free agent after he was dropped by the NHL club in the summer of 2005. He is expected to spend the rest of the season in Wilkes-Barre, then join the likes of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin at Penguins training camp in the fall.

Pittsburgh's roster also includes veteran enforcer Georges Laraque, the top rival of Boogaard's older brother Derek, a 6-foot-7, 250-pound pugilist with the Wild.

"It's exciting to be on a team with him," Boogaard said of Laraque. "He's a brick."

The junior Boogaard, a 6-foot-3, 245-pound winger, is coming off a career season in Tri-City, where he recorded 10 goals and 21 points, along with 173 penalty minutes, in 69 games. He also had 17 fighting majors.

A former member of the midget AAA Regina Pat Canadians, Boogaard started his WHL career with the Calgary Hitmen.

"The Americans took a chance with me at 17 and I have nothing but respect for the whole organization," added Boogaard, whose new team opens the Calder Cup playoffs next week. "I know I'll have to work hard. It's nice to get this opportunity."

Congrats Boogey. It's been great to watch you the last couple of years. I know I'll never forget the McLeran KO, but Boogey played better this year in creating some opportunities offensively, actually recording his 1st career hat trick against Portland if I'm not mistaken. Good luck in the future. applause

Quote Originally Posted by Stay-Puft
    Congrats Boogey. It's been great to watch you the last couple of years. I know I'll never forget the McLeran KO, but Boogey played better this year in creating some opportunities offensively, actually recording his 1st career hat trick against Portland if I'm not mistaken. Good luck in the future. applause
    Yep, I was at the Rose Garden that night. We were in 108 right behind the damn net so we couldnt throw our hats.

I know my buddy and I, since that hat trick, would alway say "He's hot!" whenever Boogey got the puck. I wonder if he brozed his #1 star award for that game.