Thread: Price, Tory Take Home Trophies

Default Price, Tory Take Home Trophies

http://www.amshockey.com/news/article.src?ID=2182
    May 02, 2007

Dan Mulhausen Tri-City Americans

KENNEWICK, WA - The Tri-City Americans are proud to announce that Governor/General Manager Bob Tory and goaltender Carey Price both won their respective categories at the WHL Awards luncheon on Wednesday, May 2 at the Round-Up Center in Calgary, Alberta. Tory nabbed the Lloyd Saunders Memorial Trophy for the league's top executive, while Price picked up the Del Wilson Trophy for the league's best goaltender.

For Price, the Del Wilson Trophy adds to the already long list of accomplishments for the 19-year-old goaltender from Anahim Lake, British Columbia. Price went 30-13-1-0 during the 2006-07 regular season, while recording a 2.45 goals against average (7th in the League) and a 0.917 save percentage (3rd in the League). After signing with the Montreal Canadiens back in March, Price concludes his four-year career with the Americans as the team's all-time leader in wins (83), goals against average (2.52), save percentage (0.914) and shutouts (16).

Meanwhile, Tory becomes the first Tri-City executive to win the Lloyd Saunders Trophy since Don Hay was awarded the honor at the conclusion of the 1998-99 season. "Trader Bob" Tory made several key player moves throughout the 2006-07 season, as the Americans went on to set franchise-best marks for wins (47), points (96) and consecutive home wins (14) in a single season. Tory made a 'blockbuster' trade before the start of the season to bring in goal scorer Colton Yellow Horn, as well as luring key defenseman, T.J. Fast away from the University of Denver in early January.

Past Americans' WHL Award winners include Stu Barnes ('88-'89 MVP), Daymond Langkow ('94-'95 Top Scorer), Brian Boucher ('96-'97 Goaltender) and Don Hay ('98-'99 Coach of the Year & Executive of the Year)

Here are the results from the 2007 WHL Awards luncheon...

2007 WHL AWARD RECEPIENTS
    Player of the Year: Kris Russell, Medicine Hat Tigers
    Rookie of the Year: Kyle Beach, Everett Silvertips
    Goaltender of the Year: Carey Price, Tri-City Americans
    Defenseman of the Year: Kris Russell, Medicine Hat Tigers
    Scholastic Player of the Year: Keith Aulie, Brandon Wheat Kings
    Scholastic Team of the Year: Kamloops Blazers
    Most Sportsmanlike Player: Aaron Gagnon, Seattle Thunderbirds
    Humanitarian of the Year: Kyle Moir, Swift Current Broncos
    Coach of the Year: Cory Clouston, Kootenay Ice
    Executive of the Year: Bob Tory, Tri-City Americans
    Marketing & Communications: Bruce Vance, Prince Albert Raiders
    Top Scorer: Zach Hamill, Everett Silvertips
    Top Official: Andy Thiessen
    Regular Season Champions: Everett Silvertips

Thumbs up

Thats awesome that Carey won the Top Goaltender award. I really enjoy watching him play......Thats some good new for HABS fans, cuz he will bbe able to help them out...Price is doing a great job in Hamilton right now.....!!!!!!!!!! nhl3
    PG and Habs Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Icon34 Too Expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12
    Thats awesome that Carey won the Top Goaltender award. I really enjoy watching him play......Thats some good new for HABS fans, cuz he will bbe able to help them out...Price is doing a great job in Hamilton right now.....!!!!!!!!!! nhl3

Habber, don't you think the "PRICE" may be too high for the HABS? As much as I hate to admit it, the HABS once again will dominate between the pipes for years to come. But, I hear that POGGE kid is pretty good too. Should make for some good battles between our 2 teams. haha

Yeah but i think that Price has an upper edge on Pogge... i did like Pogge when he played with PG, but now that he is with the Leafs, i Dont like him!!!haha
    PG and Habs Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12
    Yeah but i think that Price has an upper edge on Pogge... i did like Pogge when he played with PG, but now that he is with the Leafs, i Dont like him!!!haha

Someday HABBER, someday, you'll come to your senses and cheer for Canada's team, the ever powerful, almighty LEAFS!!!!!

Default He might need a bigger trophy case

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=7072

"Carey Price of the Tri-City Americans was named the ADT Goaltender of the Year. Price finished his fourth year with the Americans as the team's all-time leader in wins (83), goals against average (2.52), save percentage (0.914) and shutouts (16). Price also backstopped Canada to a gold medal at this year’s World Junior Championships in Sweden, claiming the tournament MVP."