Thread: Price signs with Habs

Hybrid View

Default Price signs with Habs

price signed deal with habs should be announcd soon

Canadiens sign Price to three-year deal
    2005 first round pick to join AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs
    (04/10/2007)

Carey Price was the first goaltender selected in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

The Price of gold

Future Watch

Price is right for Canadiens

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL – Canadiens GM Bob Gainey announced Tuesday the signing of goaltender Carey Price to a three-year contract (2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10). As per club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Price is joining the AHL'S Hamilton Bulldogs, who will complete their regular season with three games against Grand Rapids (April 11, 13, 14), and one game versus Rochester (April 15).

Price, 19, completed the 2006-07 season with a record of 30 wins, 13 losses and one overtime loss, a 2.45 goals against average, a .917 save percentage and three shutouts in 46 games with the Tri-City Americans in the Western Hockey League. His performances helped his team finish in second place in the U.S. Division of the Western Conference with 47 wins and 96 points, two franchise records.

In just over four full seasons in Tri-City, Price, a 6-foot-3, 212-pound goaltender, posted an overall record of 83 wins, 78 losses and 18 overtime losses in 193 games, a 2.53 goals against average and a .906 save percentage. He also recorded 15 shutouts.

On the international scene, Price led Canada to the gold medal at the 2007 World Junior Hockey Championships, in Sweden. Selected as the tournament’s Most Valuable Player and named to the All-Star Team, Price won each of his team’s six games, posted a 1.14 goals against average and a .961 save percentage. He also registered two shutouts.

Price, a native of Williams Lake, British Columbia, was the Canadiens’ 1st pick (1st round), 5th overall, in 2005.

Congrats to Carey. It's been a joy to watch him anchor the nets over the last 4 years here in TC. It will be a little weird not seeing No. 1 in the net next year.

Congrats to Carey!!! He'll do just fine and will go far in his career. It's been a blast watching him play. Yep, even from a Chiefs' fan.

I'd say congrats too, but it looks like that's been covered. Honestly I'm just glad he's gone! It seemed like he played in Tri-City for 10 years or so, and he still had another year of eligibility left. I'll be much happier watching him shutout the Sabres and Senators rather than the Chiefs.

Good luck Carey. Chiefs fans won't miss ya!

Quote Originally Posted by LifelongChiefsFan
    I'd say congrats too, but it looks like that's been covered. Honestly I'm just glad he's gone! It seemed like he played in Tri-City for 10 years or so, and he still had another year of eligibility left. I'll be much happier watching him shutout the Sabres and Senators rather than the Chiefs.

Good luck Carey. Chiefs fans won't miss ya!
    I guess we could all give Grabner the same well wishes...lol