Thread: Irving Still Playing

Default Irving Still Playing

Thanks to the intemperate stickwork of Calgary Flames backup goalie Jamie McLennan, Leland Irving isn't done playing for the summer quite yet.

McLennan drew a Match Penalty and a five-game suspension for slashing Johan Franzen in game 5 of the Flames/Red Wings playoff series. To replace McLennan, the Flames recalled goaltender Brent Krahn from the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, the Flames' AHL affiliate. The Knights in turn brought in Irving.

The Knights are in the thick of their Calder Cup Playoff series with the Iowa Stars. That series is tied 1-1.

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...num=0000001283
    http://www.omahaaksarbenknights.com/...article_id=768

Well that didn't last long. haha Nothing against Irving...but I hate the Calgary Shames.

Wonder if they will have Irving hang around and just be around the team for the Calder Cup run. Just to get a taste of being around pro hockey.

Seems there is something in the water in Calgary that makes goalies snap. First McLennan and then Dan Spence in game 2 of the Tigers vs. Hitmen series. New on DVD "Goalies Gone Wild: Calgary Edition"

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Damn straight that didn't last long!

The Flames sent Krahn straight back to the Knights. They played tonight, losing to the Iowa Stars, and Irving wasn't even on the roster.

I've got a soft spot for the Flames (nearest NHL team to my old hometown), and I'm not a big fan of the Red Wings, but I gotta agree with you that the Flames were playing some pretty classless hockey and didn't deserve to win that one.

Seems there is something in the water in Calgary that makes goalies snap.
    Hopefully, Leland will take note and drink only bottled water when he makes the big time.

I USED to like the Flames.

Joel Otto, Al McInnis, Lanny McDonald, Loob, Mike Vernon <--Reason I played goal.

Then things changed. They had a fire sale much like the Oilers did. Then along came that puke Iginla and his cheapshot goon squad. Once a Blazer always a Blazer I guess :burningma

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18