Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Memorium

Default In Memorium

I paid for the game 6 video and I want my mone back for that heartless, putrid, effort.

As great as this season was, I will remember this season for the game 5 choke and the game 6 give up. Truely a huge black mark on a great season.

Outscored 19-7 over the past 3 1/2 games after taking a 2 games to none series lead.

Outscored 10-0 over the last 2 1/2 periods of hockey.

I said this before the game on an Instant Message to a friend of mine. This Tips team has been my LEAST favorite in the 4 years of Tips hockey. While the other three Tips teams seemed to over achieve fo the talent they had, this team has consistently under achieved. That's hard to say about a team that had the most points in the WHL, but it's one of those things where a should be 5-1 win turns into a 3-2 overtime/shoot out win or a 3-0 lead turns into a 3-2 hang on for dear life regular time win.

No Tips fans will agree with me, and it certainly won't happen, but I'll be a happy camper when Constantine decides to move on. Growing up in San Jose, CA I was there for the Constantine years as a Season Ticket Holder. Didn't like him then, not a fan now. That being said, I think he was a PERFECT fit for the Tips in years one and two. I just wish he's have gotten another job after that.

Yes, I am a pi$$ed off fan. WE give our hearts and dollars to this team and WE deserve better than this effort. Because you can get to know them, unlike the NHL, you get more emotionally involved getting close to the players...so you hate it when negative things are said about them. But, if this was the Seahawks getting blown out 56-7 in the 2nd round of the playoffs after going 14-2 in the regular season (each goal being a TD), you'd be saying feeling the same types of things I am.
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 04-16-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Feel free to leave your 2007 memories (good or bad) here. This is the official memorium/venting thread. No Flame wars, no name calling, just good or bad memories/opinions of the season.

As a Flames fan its disappointing to see Irving getting pulled tonight. Were they bad goals or was it an attempt to send a message?

It was a good season for the Tips.

Default Great Season Tips!!!!

Just wanted to pass on my congrats for a great season. It didn't end the way you wanted in the playoffs but that's the way it happens sometimes.

Have a great summer and we'll see you next season.

Now I wish I didn't have MC tix as there will some cheapies out there
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 04-16-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: NO Flaming, as mentioned above.
    "Night will come and I will follow
    For my victims no tomorrow"

Fire KC and the Tbirds will hire him before he hangs up the phone
    "Night will come and I will follow
    For my victims no tomorrow"

Default not fired

I don't think there's any chance they will fire him...nor realistically....should there be. He's built the team, he's had success, etc... What I am hoping is that he leaves. On his own. Perhaps another job in the NHL? Who knows. I think, given his titles, the Birds wouldn't pay what he would want. At least not until they are sure about their stadium issues.

Default John Sleeper's article in Herald true to life....

Sleeper's words in the Herald came true and are some points to ponder for sure:

Quote Originally Posted by "John Sleeper - today's Herald
    In a way, though, the team's inarguably impressive regular season may have worked against it.

How often did the Tips have to reach down deep and pull out a crucial game when they absolutely had to? That doesn't happen when you wrap up the division title around Christmas.
    You could sense some unravelling happening around mid February (especially around the time when the 'Tips lost in overtime to the Bruins...got to be there for that one dancing pi ...and then lost two games back to back), but don't get me wrong, the Tips were ever dangerous as a team and you guys should be proud of your franchise. In only four seasons, you guys have continued to be a force to be reckoned with. And PG underperformed for a good portion of the season, they're now peaking. If "our Bears" string together as many wins in their next three seasons, I'd be proud.

Makes you wonder how things may have been a bit different with Fiala in the lineup and you have to wonder why he packed up and left....

My highlight was going down to the EEC and taking in game 1 of the series against PG. You guys rock the place and I can hardly wait to return as a "hostile" next year.
    GO BRUINS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    I don't think there's any chance they will fire him...nor realistically....should there be. He's built the team, he's had success, etc... What I am hoping is that he leaves. On his own. Perhaps another job in the NHL? Who knows. I think, given his titles, the Birds wouldn't pay what he would want. At least not until they are sure about their stadium issues.
    I'll bet anything that KC moves on. This was THE YEAR for the Tips, the one they were building for, and they failed. KC won't be interested in picking up the pieces on this disastrous end of the season. He'll take a job somewhere in pro hockey, methinks.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles Muldoon
    I'll bet anything that KC moves on. This was THE YEAR for the Tips, the one they were building for, and they failed. KC won't be interested in picking up the pieces on this disastrous end of the season. He'll take a job somewhere in pro hockey, methinks.
    Yeah I understand the NJ Devils have an opening. Lou would turf him so fast KC's over inflated head would spin haha

It is time for Kevin to move on. He actually had some real offensive talent to work with this year and still sat back and even reverted sometimes to a 1-2-2 forecheck. Him having his team hold the puck behind the net to get to OT or SO? What is that teaching the guys? We'll play 57 minutes, then if tied, hang on. Yeah, got them 2 points, but what did it do for his team in the playoffs?

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18