2 20.00%
  • 04-05 This years team

3 30.00%
  • 05-06 Next years team

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Rocket team is the best?

Default Which Rocket team is the best?

In your opinion what team is the best? I know it's a tough question because each team is different.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Default I think the 02/03 team was the best

We had strength at every position.

Our top line that year was Mcloed, Shultz, and Mosie. They scored early and often sometimes seemingly at will. Kiel made a ton of room for the others and this line could have replaced most teams power play line that year.

Defense was a younger Shea Weber with Duncan Keith, Thomas Slovac and Josh Gorges. I can't think in recent memory of a better group of d-men.

Having Kelly Guard in net and Marc Habscheid on the bench didnt hurt.

All in all this team didn't rely on systems as much as last years and was an offensive threat most nights. They should have won the cup but thems the breaks.

Go Kamloops Go!! (just for tonight -lol)
    Go Rockets Go!!

mccabe23 Guest

This is a tough poll question and I still don't have an answer. I'll say this though, Kelowna will have an excellent team next year! Most of the guys will be back and we won't be losing too many guys. Only question mark for next year will be on the blueline.

Card, Cumiskey
    Couture, Joe
    Reinholt, ???? (perhaps Bauer moves to Defense?)

I think Hamilton will pick up another 19 year old or 20 year old D-man in the off-season.

I picked next years team as the best. With potential 20 yr olds Bodie and Couture, Hamilton will be able to pick another good 20 yr old defenseman. Losing Weber, Deschamps and Palin will leave a hole, but Cumisky, Card and Joe will all be one more year older and better.

Scoring will be no problem with Spurgeon, Keller, Bodie, Comeau, Ray, Howarth, Ofukany and so on. Losing Moisy will hurt but Spurgeon and Ray can pick it up.

Goaltending next year is also no problem with Yeomans and Westblom, might even look at moving one of them to add another good scorer or defensman.

It's hard to pick from the other three teams, 02/03 was great offensively, 03/04 team was great defensively. This years team is very good in all aspects and is probly the most rounded team of all four.

mccabe23 Guest

Will Darzins be back next year?

Quote Originally Posted by mccabe23
    Will Darzins be back next year?
    I doubt it, probly he will be In Milwaukee in the AHL, but you never know. I would love to see him next year here but probly not.

mccabe23 Guest

So if Darzins doesn't come back, do we part ways with Blanar and bring in two fresh Euro faces? Blanar is an ok 'mucker' but I'd like to see two offensive euros in Kelowna. I'm assuming Kelowna hasn't had very high picks in the Euro draft as of late. But you'd think the Well of Euro talent is deep over there.

kelownakarl Guest

Next years team is going to be probably the best yet in my books.... If only we could get Weber back next year.... But i agree both Euro's will probably be gone and time for 2 new ones. Maybe Hamilton should trade up in the Euro draft and get a good sniper..... just my 2 cents.

Default next years team

will be very thin on the back end.

Mike Card was offered a pro contract to play in Germany last year. Something in the $275,000.00 per year area. His dad has connections there and may be gone next year. If that happens we would lose Weber, Card, Palin and Deschamps.

That would be a very thin back end by my count.

Next year is way too far off to count IMO. On paper Kootenay was supposed to be fourth or fifth this year and Tri Cities was supposed to be top of their division. Don't forget how good Van was supposed to be this year.

Go Rockets Go!!

This is a no brainer. Next years team is going to be the best yet. We will be in the same situation Team Canada was in this year, an abundance of 19 year olds with tons of experience in the league... Next year is looking like this...

20s - Bodie, Couture and Darzins, Weber or ???
    19s - Card, Ray, Comeau, Spurgeon, Howarth, Keller, Sylvester, Blanar, Cumiskey, Yeomans
    18's - Reinholt, Bauer, Ofukany, Westblom
    17's - Cuthbert, Hill, Joe
    16's - Schenn, Breitkreuz, and ???

IMO...it's looking bloody promising for next year......