Thread: What's going on?

Default What's going on?

I was reading on Keens blog yesterday that Lang was having conversations with the Bronco organization. What's this all about? Is Sheldon Ferguson still around? I have not heard his name in months, is he going to step down? He came with alot of praise from people around the league and had a wealth of experience. I don't know why else there would be dialogue with Lang. Anyone have insight on this? Am I missing something? Does Lamb want the coaching duties only? Do we become an organization with one coach and a seperate GM? Can the Broncos accomplish this financially? That would be beneficial in my opinion. Maybe this is all rumour and I started a thread for nothing. Thoughts?

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I just heard the exact same thing that Keen placed on his blog regarding Chad Lang. There was a short document in the leader post the other day regarding the Pats vacant GM position and that Chad Lang was a possibility there. In mentioning Lang about the possible GM position for the Pats, they briefly mentioned that the Broncos were interested (according the Keen for a while) in Chad Lang as well. After Tim Kehler was off the Broncos coaching staff, it wasn't long after that his name and photo on the Broncos website was removed as well (the new assistant coach is now on the website). While seeing that the new assistant coach was on the hockey staff of the broncos, I also saw that Fergeson was still on there as well which is the only reason why I mentioned his name on Keen's blog. I have no idea if Sheldon F. is still around, it was purely an assumption seeing how his name and info was still on the Broncos website. I like the idea of one GM and a seperate head coach to focus on their specific responsibilities. We'll see how it goes.

I have no beefs with Lang, he went out and got what he wanted. At least you can say he wasn't scared to make a deal.

Interesting thing is Ferguson and where he stands.

Some Bronco fans will not have to worry about Lang. He is the boss in Regina.

I'm curious that if indeed the Broncos are seeking a GM to enable Mark Lamb to just focus on coaching duties, now that Lang is out of the picture, what other options are we considering?

I wonder who's in the running as well. Just cause Lang went to Regina one wouldn't think the search is over, I'm sure there are just as good candidates if not better than Lang. I Don't think we would make a position for Lang only. I'm just really surprised that the organization is in a position to have a coach and G.M.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I didn't think the Broncos would be looking at two separate people for coach and GM and that's the part that surprised me the most, not so much the fact that Chad Lang was a favorite. Once I became to the realization that this was a real thought going on, then I started to think..."Why Chad Lang? Why not Sheldon Fergeson being the top candidate?" I'm not even sure actually if Sheldon F. is still with the team or what, you don't hear of the guy much...I guess the assistant GM isn't a top profile person of the team...someone like the president, GM and coach you hear more of I guess. Now my thought process is..."Who now?" just like eveyone else is probably thinking. You make a good point that now that Lang isn't an option doesn't mean, abandon ship as our search for a GM is now done seeing how Lang is jumped to the Pats. I like the fact that Lamb wants to focus on coaching and having the GM role does in fact impact that part of things. So who are people hearing or thinking of as top choices for GM? Like I say, I think Fergeson is an option if he's still there but other than that, I've got nothing.

Default Lang

Maybe they were just talking to Lang about marketing as that is his background.