Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Giants slam Tips.

Kassian Guest

LOL. Where the hell did you come up with that stupid idea?

No, they released Stewart Thiessen because he sucks. The guy had a great personality and he was very nice, but he made many mistakes on the blueline.

Plus we had too many defenseman to begin with. Once Meszaros and Fistric come back, we would've had 10 healthy defenseman if we kept Thiessen. So we had to dump him. That is how it works.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thetipster
    that to an avid fan, yes, it is disappointing to lose to a certain team every time we play them... but vancouver is really nothing but a team full of goons... i mean come on they released Stewart Theissen ONLY because he wasn't a goon-type or even a remotely goonish Defenceman!
    They released him because the Giants defence was their weekness, and he was becomming apart of the problem. The Giants play a very physical style of play, and I'm not suprised it would anger some fans. I would rather cheer for "a bunch of goons", than cheer for the crap defencive hockey that the Tips play.

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    I would rather cheer for "a bunch of goons", than cheer for the crap defencive hockey that the Tips play.
    Amen to that.