Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: In the eyes of cougar fans

Default In the eyes of cougar fans

Was the trade to get Setoguchi out of Saskatoon worth giving up 2 first round selections.

Well really, in the regular season, he wasn't a factor of the Cougars making the playoffs.

But was huge in their efforts to get to the 3rd round.

So I guess the question you have to ask yourself was the playoff run worth giving away quality future players that could possibly take you on another run but are gone now?

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Post Well the way I see it...

Is that it was a waste,and sure they made the playoffs,but did not win the Memorial Cup. Maybe they see it differently?

Of course I am a Blades fan,and would have liked to see Setoguchi and the Cougars do well,and they did very well,but I am sure they did not accomplish the goal that they wanted too. I would have liked to see Setoguchi help the Blades make the playoffs this season. Obviously the Blades GM Lorne Molleken is a smart man,and he did what is best for his hockey team. I am sure that the Brodsky connection MAY have had an effect on this deal.

Ok I am done now. So the floor is open to Cougar fans.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Personally, I think the trade was worth while. Old time hockey has a point that he wasnt that great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he was a big asset to the team... He did do good in the season but i dont think he did as good as people thought. I think next year he will be in San Jose!!!!
    PG and Habs Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12
    Personally, I think the trade was worth while. Old time hockey has a point that he wasnt that great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, he was a big asset to the team... He did do good in the season but i dont think he did as good as people thought. I think next year he will be in San Jose!!!!
    I think he has a decent shot at making the Sharks,but if not he will be in the AHL forsure,and I would be shocked if he was a Cougar again for his overage season. I would hope not,but if he was I would get to see him play again(which would be fun.)

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Its easy to look back and say that with Seto likely gone next year it was a poor deal. However, I am a believer in taking a few risks if the team looks like it has the makings of a solid playoff contender. In fact, that is what hapened, as it is clear that the Cougars were a team designed for the playoffs.

Had Eric Hunter been healthy for the Giants series, it could have been a different story. Maybe not, but maybe. I doubt if they would have even gotten that far if they hadn't had Seto.

Moreover, the value of the decent playoff run may be have a longer effect if it serves to re-invigorate hockey fans in PG. I don't fully understand the hatred a lot of fans have for the ownership in PG, but it seems to me one of the complaints was a lack of effort in putting together a contending team. If this year's result sways a few fans back in favour of shelling out for tickets next season, it may have been worthwhile. Obviously, those who still hate Brodsky will just say that he has effectively prevented the team from being competitive for years to come, but I don't see it that way. I see it as an attempt to take advantage of a good team by trying to max out on talent for a long playoff run.

In the end, it will be a few years before we know the answer...

Default It was a win win deal for both teams...

Setoguchi helped the Cougars in the playoffs and gave them a chance to go a long way. Elliot will be a top notch d-man for the Blades and no offense to the Cougars but I think the Blades will get a high pick from the Cougars next year since they'll be losing a few of their top players. Benefited the Cougars this year, it'll benefit the Blades next year.

I think Seto helped the pocket book of the Ownership group and nothing else. He did nothing to live up to his expections for the year. When crunch time came he delivered! Playoffs. Is this a good quality? I say no. Yes he started with an injury but I think he was waiting to showcase himself when it counted ..the Play-Offs. He scored many of his play-off pts on the PP. He was very good BUT against Vancouver they soon figured him out and he had a low series point total.. I am rambling her but to answer MO is no it was not a good deal . 5 on 5 he looked very ordinary BUT Mueller like(Everett) on the PP.

PG gave up way to much to get Seto ( 2 1st rounders). The owners made money due to sell outs in Rd 2 & 3 but they have lost thier 1 rounders for last and this year! Think about it! Looking at what your team's 1st rounders have been...... the last few years Giants would be ...Fistric, Brule, Bertram,Reese, Sexsmith, Wright, Kane. These are stars already or will be. Just MO

Default Brodsky

Which team does Brodsky's brother own?

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by puckmam
    Which team does Brodsky's brother own?
    Saskatoon Blades