Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Signed

Default Signed

Nick Drazenovick signed a 3 yr contract with STL today!

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/i...517&Itemid=160

Drazenovic signs with Blues

As reported in Monday's Citizen through information from NHL and WHL sources, Cougars centre Nick Drazenovic has signed a three-year, entry-level NHL contract with the St. Louis Blues. Terms were not disclosed, but the signing means the local product's WHL career is almost certainly over.

Drazenovic was taken in the sixth round, 171st overall, in the 2005 entry draft. After setting a career high in goals (30) and points (62) as an 18-year-old, Drazenovic slumped to 18 goals and 50 points this past season. In the playoffs, Drazenovic had nine goals in 15 games, and still sits in the top five in WHL playoff scoring.

"I'm happy for Nick -- he's done what he was in our league for and it was only a matter of time," said Thompson.

"Nick's had a good career and dealt with the pressure of being a local guy."

Without Drazenovic next season, the third overage spot will come down to a decision between Greg Gardner, Chris Durand and Richard Rapac. Defenceman Kalvin Sagert and netminder Real Cyr are all but guaranteed two of the three places.

"We lose a guy who puts up a lot of numbers offensively, and we expected to lose a lot of offence for next year," said Thompson.
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 05-02-2007 at 01:44 AM.

thats good news...hes been great in PG... Hope he has a great career
    !!!!!
    PG and Habs Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12
    thats good news...hes been great in PG... Hope he has a great career
    !!!!!

The BLUES will need all the help they can get next year. Good for Nick!

Smile

thats so true. the Blues seriously need some good players, they finish pretty much last every year........They have to start to step it up.....I dont like the Blues though, but it would be great for another team to make it to the playoffs next seaso dancing pi n

thats so true. the Blues seriously need some good players, they finish pretty much last every year........They have to start to step it up.....I dont like the Blues though, but it would be great for another team to make it to the playoffs next seaso dancing pi n

If the BLUES make it in then who doesn't. Perhaps the HA....., no I can't say it! pbj

HAHA, it wouldnt happen anyway, because the Blues are in the West. I can kinda hoping that it would be the Red Wings who wouldnt advance and the Blues will...That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA, it wouldnt happen anyway, because the Blues are in the West. I can kinda hoping that it would be the Red Wings who wouldnt advance and the Blues will...That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

You're too smart for your own good you know that!