Thread: Cougs give up too early?

Default Cougs give up too early?

Anyone else feel the Cougars gave up too early on Jordan White??
    All I can do is read the reports of his 5 overtime?? performance
    91 saves on 93 shots. Any opinions from those who saw the game??
    Yup! I'm calling that one a huge screwup...Constantly playing Cyr and sticking a rookie in games he really had no chance....given the lack of support he got....Do they still own his rights...would he want to come back to this gong show or will they be lucky enough to trade him?

Quote Originally Posted by 3root2
    Anyone else feel the Cougars gave up too early on Jordan White??
    All I can do is read the reports of his 5 overtime?? performance
    91 saves on 93 shots. Any opinions from those who saw the game??
    Yup! I'm calling that one a huge screwup...Constantly playing Cyr and sticking a rookie in games he really had no chance....given the lack of support he got....Do they still own his rights...would he want to come back to this gong show or will they be lucky enough to trade him?

Which game(s) are you referring to? Personally, I don't think he was ready for the WHL, especially for the mental part of the game. If PG still has his rights, he'll probably get a shot at the back-up position next season behind REAL CYR.

Thumbs down Poor Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by 3root2
    Do they still own his rights...would he want to come back to this gong show or will they be lucky enough to trade him?
    Come to think of it, I don't much care for your assessment of the COUGARS! Why so negative? They had a good season and play-off run. :burningma

Default give up?

No they didn't. Real was a huge reason for the Cougar's success this past year. Yes I did watch the 5 overtimes and he was remarkable however his age would not have fit into the WHL for last season. This season perhaps so he can learn in Cyr's shadow.

I think that was part of the thought process. Jordan wasn't ready to play in the Dub, sending him to the Spruce Kings, where he would see lots of ice and play in a high pressure tourmament, I think was all part of the reasoning behind it. White played well for the Kings, no doubt about it. Would he of been as good for the Cougs? Personally I doubt it. This was a seasoning year for Jordan in the BCHL, and I would suspect he will be the backup next year behind Cyr, and barring him dropping the ball completely, he will be groomed to be a starter the year after with another young stopper being his backup.

Give up on White, I don't think so. Give him every opportunity to succeed? Definately.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Come to think of it, I don't much care for your assessment of the COUGARS! Why so negative? They had a good season and play-off run.

You must not remember the start the Cougs had. Poor is a compliment. I read this thread numerous times where folks were calling for the owner's head, demanding he sell the team, complaining of watching lousy and lazy hockey from a crop of first rounders....Remember Rai's trade demand....Did they not fire the coach with little or no results? A good season is not built on an unexplained playoff run. Granted they knocked out the 'Tips but overall, would you not admit that foolish mistake after mistake characterized this team's season? Did they not play Chilliwack twice with Cyr in net and then play White against Vancouver the next night (in Nov?) Why? Just downright stupid....Then why the panic call to get Bowles back when he has no future here anyway? I agree, White's confidence was not stellar. Do you not recall his time in the BCHL in Penticton where he virtually led the league in save percentage?....Did he really need more seasoning or just to play against teams like 'Wack to build the confidence??? Why call him up if they had no intention of building his ability...not just throwing him to the wolves. I'm no coach but putting him in against Vancouver was virtually admitting they could not win...and had no intention to do so. These decisions drive fans crazy..Lastly, I did not really think at the time that Cyr would be able to play the number of games he did....kudos to him, then. Let's chat next year.

Default I Still Disagree!

You are certainly entitled to your opinion 3root2, however I still disagree with much of your assessment. Bowles came back because CYR was hurt(knee) and WHITE was not ready to carry the mail. After the coach firing and Shoeneck being hired, the whole team atmosphere took a turn for the better. WHITE was not ready for the WHL. He likely will be as a back-up this season. I look forward to chatting with you when the 07/08 season starts.

Default This season

Where would the Spruce Kings have ended up without him? Teams have their political issues there's no denying that and we look forward to next year. Support for Cyr will continue and admiration for what White has and will accomplish will not be forgotten. Shouldn't his stick also be in the Hall of Fame?!!