Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Gutless" says 'Canes coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Orv
    What antics? The newspaper article? Also who do you think will get suspended from each team?
    No the antics in the tunnel during the press conference with Willie as well as his post game antics on the bench. usually dealt with by the league.
    Maxwell and Mar will probably get it, deservrd or not and for the Canes deserved or not, likely the defenceman that jumped Blanchen and your goalie and possibley the guy that jumped Macarther IMO anyway
    Grump

Quote Originally Posted by grumphy
    No the antics in the tunnel during the press conference with Willie as well as his post game antics on the bench. usually dealt with by the league.
    Maxwell and Mar will probably get it, deservrd or not and for the Canes deserved or not, likely the defenceman that jumped Blanchen and your goalie and possibley the guy that jumped Macarther IMO anyway
    What'd he do? I like getting the scoop. How did the goalie's fight start? Did Sorochan get into the mix or come out to centre? What warrants his suspension?
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orv
    What'd he do? I like getting the scoop. How did the goalie's fight start? Did Sorochan get into the mix or come out to centre? What warrants his suspension?
    He was yipping @ Marr, Willie, the reffs and the crowd. During the press conference, (attendence Required by league), he was ranting so loud @ Willie you could hear it in the background over the radio.
    Sorochan came to center ice to call Keetly out but on the way nailed a player in another fight in the back of the head. Sorta went completly bezerk untill Keetly oblged him and I think probably layed the whipping of his life on him. His only weapon turned to be his head butt. What surprised me was after watching Keetly @ the other end of the rink all night he should have been able to figure out that this kid hits wit du udder fist, wasn't prepared for the punches coming from that side.
    Grump

I think Sorochan is a little looney. Looks like he has a short fuse.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

I'm glad over here that there is politedialogue...not like that other board......It's just getting sic over there
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Which other board??

Any word on suspensions being handed down? I think Sorochan is on Global News tonight at 11 and Marty Baceda said he'd comment on the brawl. This should be interesting.
    GO RAMBLERS GO!!

Default Suspensions Announced.

from www.whl.ca

WHL Announces Fines and Suspensiond from Lethbridge at Medicine Hat game on March 5th
    Created: Mar 8, 2005

The Western Hockey League announced that four players have been suspended and $1,250.00 in fines have been levied as a result of two incidents which occured during a game between Lethbridge and Medicine Hat on Saturday, March 5.

The Lethbridge Hurricanes have been fined a total of $1,000.00; $250.00 as a result of being in their second multiple fight situation of the season, $250.00 for their goaltender participating in a fight, and $500.00 for comments made to the media by their coach following the game.

The Medicine Hat Tigers have been fined $250.00 for their goaltender participating in a fight. Four Medicine Hat players have also been suspended for their actions. Gord Baldwin has been suspended for receiving a kneeing major and game misconduct, with his suspension is to be determined pending further review. Cody Blanshan has been suspended for one game for receiving his third game misconduct of the season. Steve Marr has been
    suspended for one game under supplemental discipline for his actions during a fight, and Tommy Maxwell has been suspended for one game for being the instigator of the incident.
    Summary

Maxwell - 1 Game
    Marr - 1 Game
    Blanshen - 1 Game
    Baldwin - Suspended indefinatley pending further review.

All Tiger players.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Number_4 Guest

I dont know what to say. I've been following this pretty closely, and I would have thought the league would suspend at least one Cane for his actions during the fights, if nothing else to even it out. They seem to love doing that. What really surprises me the most is that Marr only got one game. That seems a bit light if what people have been saying is true. 8 punches while the guy is down and out and only a one game suspension??? Baldwin gets submitted for further review on a hit that most are saying is coincidental???

I really think the league screwed up with this one... anyone else have some thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Number_4
    I really think the league screwed up with this one... anyone else have some thoughts?
    They seem to be screwing up alot this year. They screwed up with Glass and now this. :burningma

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!