Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats, Tigers - part 2

Iconcup Congrats, Tigers - part 2

Awesome game, Tigers. Great game, great series! Keetley was unbelievable and your team was insanely FAST.

A heartbreaking loss, but IMO this solves nothing.

2 great teams who each get a trophy. A classic battle of 2 whl "giants"

Congrats to Matt keetley, Derek Dorsett, and Chris stevens. Who will graduate and move on, next year.

A new rivalry has been born, hopefully the whl schedules more than just 2 games between them next year.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Congrats Tigers on a well played MC. Nobody can hold it against you guys. You're still WHL Champs and that counts for more IMO. Wishing Keetley, Stevens, and Dorsett a bright and promising future! applause
    GO BRUINS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins_Booster
    You're still WHL Champs and that counts for more IMO
    I don't mean to take away from the great season that the Tigers had, but that statement was completely out of whack.

Anyways, thank you Tigers for making the past month so interesting, shame the Giants played you more in the last couple weeks than they have in their entire team history before it. Enjoy the summer and we will see you next season.
    Giants supporter since Day One

Thanks Tigers -- it was hard bunch of games (including playoffs) and it was some great hockey, with some big emotions.

Thank you too to the very classy Tigers fans who came to occupy our arena in droves, cheered hard and heavy but never crossed that line. It was a pleasure having you at the Coliseum.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Section C rules Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    Thanks Tigers -- it was hard bunch of games (including playoffs) and it was some great hockey, with some big emotions.

Thank you too to the very classy Tigers fans who came to occupy our arena in droves, cheered hard and heavy but never crossed that line. It was a pleasure having you at the Coliseum.

+1

From me, too.
    The hockey in the 9 games between these two teams was EPIC. Hard, fast, intense, physical and talented. Everything hockey is supposed to be. The Tigers and Giants combined to make Plymouth and Lewiston look very ordinary by comparison. We can all feel good about that. The Tigers won the WHL Final, and the Giants won the Memorial Cup. Any way you slice it, it's a bittersweet ending for both teams. But considering how close the teams are, maybe its an appropriate compromise. And watching hockey like that for the past few weeks, we all come out as winners. 40 great kids playing their guts out and showing you how much they want to win. It doesn't get any better than that, does it?
    A special thanks to all the Hatters that came out to Vancouver and made the week very enjoyable.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles Muldoon
    From me, too.
    The hockey in the 9 games between these two teams was EPIC. Hard, fast, intense, physical and talented. Everything hockey is supposed to be. The Tigers and Giants combined to make Plymouth and Lewiston look very ordinary by comparison. We can all feel good about that. The Tigers won the WHL Final, and the Giants won the Memorial Cup. Any way you slice it, it's a bittersweet ending for both teams. But considering how close the teams are, maybe its an appropriate compromise. And watching hockey like that for the past few weeks, we all come out as winners. 40 great kids playing their guts out and showing you how much they want to win. It doesn't get any better than that, does it?
    A special thanks to all the Hatters that came out to Vancouver and made the week very enjoyable.
    Nicely said, again. EPIC it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma
    A heartbreaking loss, but IMO this solves nothing.

2 great teams who each get a trophy. A classic battle of 2 whl "giants"

Congrats to Matt keetley, Derek Dorsett, and Chris stevens. Who will graduate and move on, next year.

A new rivalry has been born, hopefully the whl schedules more than just 2 games between them next year.
    And if it still is only 2 games can the Giants get a home date next year? We even got to see the Wheaties here.
    Last edited by old_time_hockey; 05-28-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

I said this to a couple of friends at the Coliseum yesterday... I think Everett has been matched if not replaced as Vancouvers most "hated rival" by the Medicine Hat Tigers....

Your team played is hard in both the WHL Finals and in the Memorial Cup... I guess we'll have to wait until next season to figure out who's team is better i n next years WHL Finals...

Matt Keetley... what can I say... If it wasn't for him, there would have been a blowout or two in both the WHL Finals and the MC Tournament...He has a bright future in front of him... I could see him and Leland Irving battling it out in a few years to see who gets to become the heir apparent to Miikka Kiprusoff...

I hope the league does schedule a game in both MH and Vancouver next season... let the rivalry contiune.

And a final thought... your fans... they helped contribute to the awsome atomsphere not only during the final but all week long... thank you
    Big Snake, Grant, Kassian, Lucic... who will the next Giants heavyweight be....