Thread: Bridges name WHL player of week

Default Bridges name WHL player of week

Maybe this will provide some incentive for the Tips to score against him. Lord knows we haven't shown much against him the last few times out.

From whl.ca
    Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is goaltender Bryan Bridges of the Seattle Thunderbirds. Bridges earned player of the week honours by recording two consecutive wins including a shutout during the week of February 28th to March 6th. Bridges recorded a 0.50 goals against average and a 0.976 save percentage in 120 minutes played.

On Wednesday, March 2nd, Bridges recorded 22 saves in a 4-1 victory against the visiting Vancouver Giants. On Saturday, March 5th, Bridges stopped all 18 shots he faced in a 2-0 shutout win against the visiting Everett Silvertips.

Bridges has recorded 11 shutouts this season moving him to second all-time for most shutouts in a single season. The WHL single season record is 13 set by Kelly Guard of the Kelowna Rockets during the 2003-04 season.

Bridges, a 19-year-old from Victoria, British Columbia, is a free agent.
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 03-07-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Thumbs down Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry just had to get that out there! I don't get this at all but whatever!

Way to go Brian! good on you. I think you don't get the credit you deserve, so this will help a bit you don't get 11 shut outs and not be a heck of a gollie.

Congrats to him. The way he did play against, he does deserve it. It would be nice if we did go on a tear against him from now on.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!