Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Divisional Changes

Default Confirmed that is the plan

Quote Originally Posted by Five Hole
    My understanding is Kootenay is staying in the Central division and Edmonton will make 6 teams in that division. The East Division also has 6 teams.

So the Eastern Confernce will have 12 teams (two 6 team divisions) and the Western Conference will have 10 teams (two 5 team divisions).

Not 100% sure, but that's the way I heard it. Can anybody confirm??
    That is how the league stated they were going. Any franchise shifts may effect the divisions but not for this coming season as the deadline to apply to move has passed about three months ago.

[QUOTE=JayDub]Depending of future expansion and where, here is a possible re-alignment

Central North

Edm
    PG
    Red Deer
    PA
    Saskatoon
    Calgary

Central South - Trans Canada

Brandon
    Regina
    Moose Jaw
    Swift Current
    Med Hat
    Lethbridge

* Kootenay returns to BC

WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU SMOKING LOL with the travel WOW nice try tho
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by JayDub
    Allright then, no major shuffle!

Will there be any movement or changes made with Edmonton comming into the Dub. Has the league made any announcments about this yet or will there just be 6 teams in the existing central.

Has there been any rumors about future expansion. I know that after Chilliwack they said there will be no more expansion and *poof*, here is Edmonton

I heard from a reliable source that Victoria has been given the nod to be next in line. The comment was" you'll see a team in Victoria in 3 years"

It's at least 10 hours by bus from Vancouver to PG. Even more if the canyon is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swando
    I heard from a reliable source that Victoria has been given the nod to be next in line. The comment was" you'll see a team in Victoria in 3 years"
    I never understood that thinking. People complain about PG being a trip and a half. Victoria has that 95 minute ferry ride. And as we all know the ferries are not always punctual. And the extra cost of reservations and taking a bus on the tub + 30 passenger fares.

Wasn't that one of the factors that lead to the Cougars moving to PG? On the upside they have a nice new building there.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Len Barrie has been trying for the last couple seasons to get a team back on Vancouver Island. There is a new rink I believe in Nanaimo & from what I understand they are the front runners for expansion in a couple seasons. Victoria I think is out of the running as the Salmon Kings are there, especially since they are an affiliate of the Canucks. It makes perfect sense to have a team back on the Island. The reason they left Victoria was because of low fan base & the rink was old. It didn't help that the team was terrible in the last couple seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team in Nanaimo for the 08-09 season.