View Poll Results: Should they of built Prospera bigger?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No perfect size is 6400

4 26.67%
  • Yes 10,000 would of been best

9 60.00%
  • Yes 9,000 would of been best

0 0%
  • Yes 8,000 would of been best

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Prospera been built bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaps
    Why Don't i throw in $150,000 For a high tech Video score clock, and you guys find some way to raise the other $100,000" We all know Hamilton is rich, he's the owner of a great hockey club who is pulling in tons of money right now
    I think I heard that the used video score clock in Kamloops cost $450 K, alot more than your estimate of $250 K.

The Hamilton family has done very well in the last four years, but they lost their shirt the first four years in the Memorial Arena.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

kelownakarl Guest

kavanie.......woah buddy cool the jets.....I respect Bruce and the things he has done for the team...I don't know where you get "He's a rich bastard" out of my context...yes I see it in the quote you've posted, but we all know it's possible to alter a person's text when u quote them...and we all know how much you try to make me look like a fool......As for a Kelowna Rockets Employee in yourself, bashing the fans.....tsk tsk......We pay your god damn salary, treat us with respect! INCLUDING ME!

And as far as lieing goes...I never lie...No need to lie.....Got nothing to proove and nothing to gain.....
    I saw "rich bastard" with my own eyes.... It is easy to go back and edit a post eh!

Default Also the clock in Kamloops was used

when they bought it. I have never bought one so this is just a guess but you are probably looking in the range of 600k to 800k for a new one. Pocket change for Hamilton eh Jared!!

Is it really worth it for the Hamilton family to spend hugh bucks for a fancy score clock? Will it make the Rockets play better or make the team more money?

Why should RG Properties spend $4-500K on a clock, will it make RG more money as a private company that only runs the building for about 24 more years?

Will the City of Kelowna fork out this bill? If not for this special arrangement (private and public ownership) Kelowna still wouldn't have a arena and we would be watching the Spartans in the barn.

In this cheap town around 1986 with the Kelowna Wings in town all the rich out of towners and seniors that moved in to Kelowna voted no to a tax increase for a new arena.

So that why Mayor Gray and council had to provide free land and let a private company run a facility for 30 years and then turn it over back to the City of Kelowna for $1.00.

Sure a 10,000 seat would of been best, but we are lucky to have this arena to begin with.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

kavanie.......woah buddy cool the jets.....I respect Bruce and the things he has done for the team...I don't know where you get "He's a rich bastard" out of my context...yes I see it in the quote you've posted, but we all know it's possible to alter a person's text when u quote them...and we all know how much you try to make me look like a fool......As for a Kelowna Rockets Employee in yourself, bashing the fans.....tsk tsk......We pay your god damn salary, treat us with respect! INCLUDING ME!

And as far as lieing goes...I never lie...No need to lie.....Got nothing to proove and nothing to gain.....
    You don't lie hey Jared.......you just did above denying you called Bruce that, you are pathetic and are not a true Rockets fan, you are an idiot, you also lied that your house burned down in the fires 2 years ago, how easily one forgets when he weaves a web of lies las you do.

kevanie-------teaps, let's keep it to hockey, if you guys want to get into bashing each other do it by email. It's more private and you can express to each other how you really feel. Leave all the old baggage @ the old site.
    Grump

Honestly Kevin, I though after that one chat session, we were making good...I guess not...Well, we just have to move on with our lives, and honestly...just stop the bashing. It's not that hard to bite your lip and not post something derrogatory..

kelownakarl Guest

Honestly Kevin, I though after that one chat session, we were making good...I guess not...Well, we just have to move on with our lives, and honestly...just stop the bashing. It's not that hard to bite your lip and not post something derrogatory..
    Maybe Kevin is sick of reading your so called insight in hockey and you getting your nose into everything like you run the team? just a though.

You blantantly lied in your post Jared,apologize or leave the board, its that simple and Kelowna Karl hit it on the head.

You know what...I AM sorry...I never meant for anything I said to offend anybody to the extent that it did...and for that, I am truely sorry. I know i typed it, but i didn't actually mean it the way it was interpretated...Do you ever have a friend who gets say, a VERY large tax return and you say to him "Ya rich bastard" Thats exactly the tone i meant it to be taken, but it is impossible to sort sarcasim between seriousness on the internet as you are merely reading words, not hearing voice or seeing any body language.

I am sorry...

To add to that, if you guys don't like reading my hockey "insight" then why must you comment on it? TO make me look like a fool in front of everyone else? I think I deserve at least an apology from ONE of you.
    Last edited by Teaps; 03-08-2005 at 08:19 PM.