Thread: Ams and Tigers make a deal

Default Ams and Tigers make a deal

AMERICANS DEAL SIM TO MEDICINE HAT -- KENNEWICK, WA –

Today, Tri-City Americans general manager Bob Tory announced that the hockey club has traded 19-year-old defenseman Zach Sim to the Medicine Hat Tigers for a 5th round draft pick in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

Sim, listed at 5’11” 186 lbs, came to the Americans after spending two partial seasons with the Everett Silvertips organization. The Saskatoon, SK-native played 43 games for Tri-City in the 2006-07 season. He totaled six goals, 12 points and 32 penalty minutes, while recording a +10 rating, all of which were career-bests.

"Zach came in and helped our team a lot last year," said Tory. "However, with seven returning defensemen, I felt we needed to make room on our depth chart. We wish Zach all the best in Medicine Hat."
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Very good deal for the tigers adding a bit of depth and experience on D, considering russell will be gone for sure, and probably Baldwin and maybe Schlemko.

Anyone heard about where Schlemko might be next season? I kinda expect Baldwin to be gone, Marr getting moved to the Blackhawks frees up a roster spot for Baldwin I'm thinking.

Schlemko could very well be back as a 20 yr old. Unless he manages to really impress the scouts during an nhl training camp. I'm thinking he will be back.

I've heard the flames are a bit lean on quality defensive prospects, so baldwin has a good chance to stick in omaha, or las vegas. On the other hand he has been a slow starter. But I'm thinking Baldwin probably wont be back
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

I heard from an undisclosed source that Schlmeko has had some ECHL and european offers, but that he's only interested in the AHL or the Swedish Elite league (and the NHL of course). If he doesn't get a roster spot in the AHL or in the Swedish Elite league then he'll be back in the hat. Take it with a grain of salt, also I might not have the correct euro league, but I know that he'd go to the league that is basically the same caliber as the AHL.

Returning would probably be a good move for him, I think he's got a few more things to learn and being able to lead the tigs for a season would be good experience for him.

And I was under the impression that the flames had alot of depth down on the farm at the blue line as well with guys like Marr and Palin. I know that moving Marr was part of the Aucoin deal (err that is right isn't it? I don't follow the NHL much) but I also thought that trade was a great one for both Marr and Bladwin. The flames are pretty much the deepest club in the NHL on the blueline, Marr's chances of getting in the line up there were pretty slim, and with guys like Marr and Palin patroling the Omaha blueline it would have been hard for a guy like Baldwin to crack that squad.

With Marr being in the Chicago farm now I predict that Marr and Barker will be reunited in the NHL, even if it is only briefly.

I'm just pretty much reading this from thier fans in different forums but, thier common theme, is that if the flames get into some injury problems, they could be in for some really tough times on D. They have very limited players who could step up to the show. Thats why I'm thinking baldwin wont be back, unless he has a poor camp
    (Hey i was right on keetley last year)
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS