Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carson McMillan...a request for information

Quote Originally Posted by iceice
    So Brandonite...you know mcmillan personally? Here in Calgary he is well respected both off and on the ice.
    Yes I do know him personally, and have for many years! Dont ever talk to him anymore but thats the way I always remembered him! Hopefully hes not like that anymore, but that was my intake on him! Im not ripping the guy, I dont speak with him anymore, from what I hear hes a repected guy, I was just giving my open opinion about him. Im happy for the guy so dont get me wrong...

Default Uh?

Your not ripping the guy...but you say he's a "whiner" and a "suck"? I know I'm an American, but what about his game. You're talking lots and lots about his character and personality and while those are important things what can you tell me about his game per se?

I dunno Brandonite; you seem a bit irrational...but hey...I'm not ripping you either!

Quote Originally Posted by MVNWriter23
    Your not ripping the guy...but you say he's a "whiner" and a "suck"? I know I'm an American, but what about his game. You're talking lots and lots about his character and personality and while those are important things what can you tell me about his game per se?

I dunno Brandonite; you seem a bit irrational...but hey...I'm not ripping you either!
    From what I see on the ice from McMillan is a guy who works hard every shift...hes not going to score 20 or 30 goals a season but he will help shut down other teams top guns. He is not an all-star type player but shows his hard work most of the time! As far as the "whining" goes, he seems to whine alot to the refs when things dont go his way and doesnt display the true leadership abilities that other guys on the team have. Ryan White is a true leader on the ice, I dont see McMillan as a true leader but I do only see them twice a year besides playoffs...

Default Hmm...

So apart from this ONE fight, what other reason do you have for calling Carson McMillan a "suck". Although its obvious that objectivity would be lost on you Brandonite.

Quote Originally Posted by MVNWriter23
    So apart from this ONE fight, what other reason do you have for calling Carson McMillan a "suck". Although its obvious that objectivity would be lost on you Brandonite.
    I've given you my in-put on the guy a few times now and you havent liked what I said and this isn't going anywhere!! I've given you my opinion about 3x now and you weren't thrilled about it neither time and I respect it but there is nothing more for me to say about Carson McMillan!! You need to get someone elses in-put on him because no matter what I say, you wont agree with!!

Carson Mcmillan is a good defensive player with some potential to be a scorer, I think next year will tell if he has any offensive upside..Not afraid to get his nose dirty either,I wasn't surprised Minnesota drafted him, he is a typical Jacques Lemaire player

Default Riiight...

I've given you my in-put on the guy a few times now and you havent liked what I said and this isn't going anywhere!! I've given you my opinion about 3x now and you weren't thrilled about it neither time and I respect it but there is nothing more for me to say about Carson McMillan!! You need to get someone elses in-put on him because no matter what I say, you wont agree with!!
    But you just admitted you see him 2 times a year, which is hardly enough to really evaluate someone, and basically you've kept ranting about his personality when it seems rather clear you've seen very little of him. I am not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, but you're making some pretty big judgements based on a very limited amount of viewing of what this kid can / can't do.

Carson Mcmillan is a good defensive player with some potential to be a scorer, I think next year will tell if he has any offensive upside..Not afraid to get his nose dirty either,I wasn't surprised Minnesota drafted him, he is a typical Jacques Lemaire player
    This gives me something to work with. Thanks for the information. How would you rate his stickhandling? His hands? Or his hockey sense?

I would say a C,he needs work in all areas,he's a great penalty killer,if I could compare him to any player it would be Jared Smithson

Here is an article on McMillan from hitmenhockey.com

Carson McMillan

McMillan got the tar kicked out of him by a 16 year old rookie who was fighting for the first time in Junior!! Atta boy Brayden Schenn!! haha