Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coach and ass. coach?

...well we know that Rocky Thompson wont be the ass't coach for us. He will be coaching in that capacity in Edmonton this year.

Default Any one else notice?

The link that O posted shows a good picture of Tim Kehler that shows he has a very strong resemblance to Dean in his younger years? Same features. Hmm wonder if thats why Dean hired him. lol.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Bring back Milne, I don't know about this Kehler. There are a number of better coaches in the BC junior league than him.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Why would they sign an assistant coach before signing the head coach, or even the GM for that matter? It would make sense for Dean to sign with Kootney now that there head coaching position is vacent but ya never know I guess....apparently we'll all know in the next few days according to what everyone is saying...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge
    Why would they sign an assistant coach before signing the head coach, or even the GM for that matter? It would make sense for Dean to sign with Kootney now that there head coaching position is vacent but ya never know I guess....apparently we'll all know in the next few days according to what everyone is saying...
    Wow you must really not want him here. I mean he has a verbal agreement with the club.

My guess is as good as any one else's here. I think Dean is a good GM and a decent coach but if we could get some like a Habscheid, I think that's a change we could make. If Dean sticks around, I have no problem with that, if Dean doesn't I don't have a problem with that either it's just if Dean leaves, he either just doesn't want to be here OR we've found a better coach and that's a risk I'm willing to take. All in all, I think the Broncos have a good group of kids coming up and they'll be very exciting to watch this coming season.

Why would Dean take a job as just a coach in Cranbrook when he has full control as GM here? I would think that would be a step backwards career wise. :skeptical It is kind of odd though if he hasn't signed the contract yet.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Iconwhl

Broncos in RD you say that you dont know about Kehler and then you say there are better coaches in the BCHL. If it is Kehler he has a good resume with Trail and I have been told that he is very well respected by "hockey people". There might be a better coach in the BCHL but who is it and did they want to move.

Ty davidson from Salmon Arm

Bill Bestwick from Naniamo
    Bill has lead the team to 5 Island Championships and, 3 Chevrolet Cups, a BCHL and Doyle Cup Championship.

Bruno Campese Penticton Vees
    Theres three more from just the BCHL dubfan and it is up to the GM and head coach to get the BEST staff under him.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

For your info, Bruno Campese of the Penticton Vees got the head coaching job in Prince Albert about a month ago.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!