Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Mintos

yes camp is open to the public
    www.childrenswish.ca

According to the Herald, Sean Aschim, the raider draft pick and D Kyle Jenzen
    who was drafted by Everett are attending the Mintos camp.

Wildeyes, you have a player list? I was there this afternoon but couldn't get my hands on a list. I seen you were on the ice though.

there was no player lists when i got there

HOLY COW MY FEET HURT

but there was some good prospects at the camp that i have seen.
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    there was no player lists when i got there

HOLY COW MY FEET HURT

but there was some good prospects at the camp that i have seen.
    Anyone on defense who stood out? Thats where we are going to need help.

there was a couple of guys they were big and they could skate and move the puck as well

hopefully they have some sheets for the top 40
    www.childrenswish.ca

Game ended in a 7-7 tie.

Here were the line-ups:

Gold

1 Spencer Laycock
    2 Tanner Hamilton
    5 Scott Bollefer
    6 Curtis Kulchar
    7 Chad Crozier
    8 Johnathan Sonntag
    9 Drew Mcdermott
    10 Taylor Greenbank
    11 Owen Roschuk
    12 Travis Statchuk
    14 Brendan Cameron
    15 Tyler Fiddler
    16 Sean Aschim
    17 Josh Manson
    18 Geordy Gabruck
    19 Tyson Getzinger
    20 Ryan Fox
    21 Nathan Boyer
    22 Taylor Fauchoux
    23 Stephane Gaudet

Green

1 Jay Hudon
    2 Keith Boon
    5 Brent Remenda
    6 Cody Bosch
    7 Andrew Boire
    8 Chad Crawford
    9 Kyle Jenzen
    10 Damen Weekusk
    11 Jarett Funk
    12 Brant Henry-Norton
    14 Shay Neufeld
    15 Brenden Tash
    16 Torey Stott
    17 Brandon Herrod
    18 Bo Lenard
    19 Derek Schemenauer
    20 Jared Prokopetz
    21 Buddy Favel
    22 Cody Michelle
    23 Derek Becker

-Fox had 2 goals and maybe an assist
    -Sonntag on D played solid and should contend for a spot
    -Manson, son of Dave Manson wasn't overly impressive
    -Gabruck had 2 or 3 assists
    Fauchoux, Gaudet, Manson,Bosch, Tash and Michelle all played for the Lightway Electric last year.
    -Tash impressed and could find himself on the roster
    -Laycock played AAA with the Blazers last year
    -Boon was real good in net and only allowed 1GA ina period and a half
    -Hudon the Brandon draftee was aweful, let in some real softies...I expected more
    -Prokopetz, Herrod, Neufeld, Norton,Fiddler, Statchuk, Stott, Roschuk, Slobodzian, Newell, and Washburn all will return. Fox and Kulchar not sure about but could very well return.
    Last edited by Triton; 08-19-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    I wonder if Fiddler will be back though?
    He said he was yesterday. He'll lead the AAA in scoring this year.

Fiddler is coming back he is going to the hitman camp for EXP but he wants to win here in PA

Curtis Kulchar is not going to be here he wasnt supposed to play in the game the Pats basically said we will make the team

Spencer Laycock was a tendy for the Blazers last yr but released him this weekend. Blazer are rumored to have a unreal 15 yr tendy
    www.childrenswish.ca

Default Jadon Potter

This article from the Chilliwack paper was posted in the Bruins forum and might be of interest to you.
    Cheers

Rookie Centre Eyes Second-Line Role
    By Eric J. Welsh,
    The Progress
    www.theprogress.com
    Aug 21 2007

Jadon Potter is a man in the spotlight as the Bruins begin their training camp this week at Prospera Centre.

The rookie centre with just three games under his belt is seen by many as a prime candidate to provide the Bruins with some secondary scoring — a commodity that was in scarce supply last year.

The Bruins return two thirds of their top line from a year ago, with Oscar Moller and Mark Santorelli back at camp. And veteran sniper Ken Petkau returns to his top-six role, fresh off an injury-filled but productive 24 goal (42 point) campaign.

Much-hyped rookie Ryan Howse will be expected to fill a top-six role, leaving Potter to battle it out with the likes of Evan Piggin and Brayden Metz for the remaining two spots.

Pressure? He feels it.

“It’s pretty nerve-wracking,” he concedes. “But obviously I want to work hard and do whatever I can to earn that spot, because it would be unreal. They told me I’d be working for a top-six forward spot and I think it’s a realistic expectation for me. I think I have that capability and I feel I’m ready for that position.”

Potter is lightning quick on the ice, a smallish player who uses quicks to dart in and out of holes. He considers himself more of a setup man than a goal scorer, although he says he can put the puck in the net if need be.

The idea of pairing Potter the playmaker with Petkau the finisher should be intriguing to the Bruins coaching staff.

“Having a good second line is huge,” Potter says. “You can’t be a winning team with just one line. I just don’t think it’s possible, especially with the style this team likes to play. They remind me of the old Edmonton Oilers with the way they play. It’s hard to play a wide-open game if Mark (Santorelli) and Oscar (Moller) are the only guys putting up points.”

Potter, who spent most of the season playing midget hockey in Saskatchewan, got a brief taste of Western Hockey League life last season, playing three games for the Bruins in late February. His first game was a memorable one, a 3-2 win over the Everett Silvertips at Prospera Centre Feb. 18.

“I remember stepping onto the ice and seeing the big crowd,” he recalls. “It was pretty loud and I was pretty nervous. But when I got a couple of shifts under my belt I started to relax.”

Like most players making the jump from midget to major junior, Potter found the speed of the WHL game to be intimidating. Skating fast enough to keep up with the play is one thing. Making quick decisions with a defenceman like Taylor Ellington bearing down on you is another.

“There are some bigger players,” Potter concedes. “I was a little behind in that first game, but as time went on I found myself getting into the middle of plays more, instead of being behind. I think I’ve got pretty good vision of the ice out there and what I learned from that first game is that I am good enough to play in this league.”

His welcome to the WHL moment came in the first period. Potter took a two-minute boarding minor at 14:19 and 40 seconds later Everett’s Ondrej Fiala cashed in with a power play goal.

“I cross-checked (Zack) Dailey in the corner, took a penalty and they scored on it,” he recalls. “I skated back to the bench and (head coach) Jim Hiller was just laughing at me. I definitely thought I’d be benched over that, but he put me out for the next shift.”

Potter stayed in shape over the off-season playing twice weekly in a Saskatchewan Adult Safe hockey league. He attended an off-ice conditioning camp and worked out on his own, placing an emphasis on getting stronger.

At five-foot-10 and just 170 pounds, the native of Hoey, Sask., will have to bulk up to survive the 72-game regular-season grind. Extra strength will help him battle through checks to reach prime scoring areas. It will also help him in his defensive duties.

“Obviously I’m expected to play a good all-round game,” he says. “I worked on my defensive game last year and I think I really made some strides. There’s always room for improvement, but I feel like I’m a guy a coach can trust on the penalty kill or in the final two-minutes of a one-goal game.”

Bruins training camp starts with fitness testing on Wednesday. The team hits the ice at Prospera Centre Thursday, splitting into four groups — Black, Gold, Red and White.

The Blacks practice at 9 a.m. followed by the Golds at 10:15 a.m., the Reds at 4:45 p.m. and the Greys at 6 p.m. Two intra-squad scrimmages highlight the day with the Greys facing the Reds at 11:30 a.m. and the Blacks facing the Golds at 3 p.m.