Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Game - Predict The 20 yr olds

Default New Game - Predict The 20 yr olds

Who do you think the 20 yr olds for each team will be. We can look back on this thread in Sept and see who is right/wrong.

mccabe23 Guest

Should be intersting next year for Kelowna as only four players will be eligable for the 20 year old spots.

Shea Weber
    Liam Couture
    Troy Bodie
    Lauris Darzins

I don't expect either Weber or Darzins to be back. Bodie and Couture should have two of the spots locked up and Bruce Hamilton will likely trade for a pretty decent 20yr old next season. Kelowna will have a wealth of 19 yr olds next year which should make them a contender once again. Go Rockets!!!

In Vancouver, it will be Bartley and Albers. They'll go outside to get their third. There's nobody else here I'd keep.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

In Red Deer I'll go with Johnson, Rome and Kuukka
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

For the Hurricanes I see:
    Ashton
    Olafson
    Seabrook

If any of these guys move up to pro add Mezei.

I'll say Novak,Kozak and Schafer.But there could be a possibility that Colliton and Rejean return and if thats the case,it will be Rejean,Jeremy,and Schafer.I doubt they will keep Waker,and Erickson around.

a7x Guest

For the Hawks it will be Da Silva, Woolger, and if the NHL still isn't up it will also be Coburn.. unless he goes to the AHL.

Default Tips

The Tips have the following 6 turning 20 (85 borns). Let me be the first to say I'm not sure how exactly the age cutoff works, so I'm not sure if they all count as 20 year olds next season (Kress doesn't turn 20 until September, the other five are all 20 by July):

Mike Wall
    Torrie Wheat
    Mark Kress
    Ryan Blatchford
    Shaun Heshka
    Ivan Baranka

Of these six, I would give the goalie job to Leland Irving and let Wall go. You have to keep one of the only offensive weapons you've got...Wheat. I think Baranka will go play in the ECHL or some other "pro" league. So that leaves Kress, Blatch and Heshka for two spots. Heshka is the best d-man returning, so you gotta keep him & I'd have to go with fan favorite Kress in the 3rd spot. Leaving Blatchford as trade bait or a cut casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    The Tips have the following 6 turning 20 (85 borns). Let me be the first to say I'm not sure how exactly the age cutoff works, so I'm not sure if they all count as 20 year olds next season (Kress doesn't turn 20 until September, the other five are all 20 by July):
    It just goes by what year the player was born. Born in '85 you are a 20yr. old.

Thus you can have someone be only 15 and considered a 16yr. old, playing full time in the Dub since their birthday is considered a "late" birthday IE: Oct, Nov. Dec.

So you get the situation with someone like Gilbert Brule, born Jan. 1st '87, thus he is considered a 17yr. old; if he had been born on Dec. 31st '86 he would be an 18yr old right now.

Where it gets tricky is with the NHL Draft, where they have a cutoff for draft eligibility of Sept. 15th.

Here's the info from, http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/pro...raft_basic.htm

Players who turn 18 by September 15 can be drafted, but only if they "opt in" by declaring their draft eligibility. Most promising young players choose to opt in, and the highest draft picks are almost always used to select 18-year-olds.

Those who turn 19 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are automatically eligible for selection. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

As of 2004, the NCAA allows 18-year-old players from Division I schools to enter the draft. Drafted players retain their college eligibility as long as they don't play for a professional team or hire an agent. In previous years, an 18-year-old who opted into the draft lost his NCAA eligibility.

A North American player who is not drafted by the age of 20 is an unrestricted free agent. All non-North Americans must be drafted before being signed, regardless of age.

A junior hockey player can re-enter the draft if he does not receive a contract offer within one year of being drafted, is not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted and is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. NHL teams retain the rights to college players until 30 days after the player has left college.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.
    Thus, using Gilbert as an example, he is a 17yr. old in the eyes of CHL, but since he is 18 right now, he is draft eligible.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off

Mike Wall
    Torrie Wheat
    Mark Kress
    Ryan Blatchford
    Shaun Heshka
    Ivan Baranka

Of these six, I would give the goalie job to Leland Irving and let Wall go. You have to keep one of the only offensive weapons you've got...Wheat. I think Baranka will go play in the ECHL or some other "pro" league. So that leaves Kress, Blatch and Heshka for two spots. Heshka is the best d-man returning, so you gotta keep him & I'd have to go with fan favorite Kress in the 3rd spot. Leaving Blatchford as trade bait or a cut casualty.
    I completely agree with that. Even though Blatchford is dependable, he needs to be cut for Kress. I think Heshka will get the C, Wheat keeps his A and Kress gets an A.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!