Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hitmen Training Camp Thread

blackstopper Guest

Default Goaltending

Been keeping my out for a certain kid who attended main camp in goal, Jordan Dreger from Manitoba as I was really impressed with his play.

For the goalies, Spence, Komistek, Widen, and Jones all played about 60 minutes each while Snider, Dreger, and Krushel all played about 40 minutes each. Goals allowed by each:

Jordan Dreger (90): 4g
    Martin Jones (90): 5g
    Chase Komistek (92): 6g
    Dan Spence (88): 6g
    Jason Krushel (91): 6g
    Joel Widen (91): 7g
    Mike Snider (91): 7g

Guess that would make Jones the best since he played 20 more minutes than Dreger.

Given the chance, Dreger would have impressed even more. This kid is a "diamond in the rough".

BLADES DOUBLE STEELERS TO END PRE-SEASON - Sept. 9, 2007

.... Beausejour gave Selkirk five powerplay opportunities in the opening 20 minutes, including a pair of 5-on-3 situations, but the Steelers squandered them all, failing to register any serious threats on goaltender Jordan Dreger[/B]. The Blades outshot Selkirk 14-8 in the period.

Selkirk stepped up their pace in the middle stanza and pared their deficit in half when Mike Palmiscno fired a wrist shot from the slot that went top shelf on Dreger for his first goal of the exhibition campaign at the 6:38 mark.

.... Selkirk resumed their siege on the Blades net but were stymied by Dreger time and again, leaving the home side trailing 3-1 after 40 minutes. The Steelers held a 18-8 edge on shots in the period and were up 26-22 overall.

.... Relying almost entirely on the work of Dreger, the Blades absorbed all that the Steelers threw at them throughout the third period, even as they beat a steady path to the sin bin. Selkirk finally capitalized on a two-man advantage with 4:03 to go as Adam Pleskach batted in a rebound from a Paul Sohor attempt past Dreger for his second goal of the pre-season. But Dreger would not allow the Steelers to pull any closer as Beausejour held on for the win. The shots were 16-7 in favour of Selkirk in the period and 42-29 overall.

GAME NOTES

Jordan Dreger earned the victory by stopping 40 of 42 shots for the Blades.

This kid never gives up playing full steam right to the last second. Keep your eyes on him.

Hitmen dropped another preseason game last night.

Tigers Maul Hitmen

Has Fiddler been let go? Is Fox going to be on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Triton
    Has Fiddler been let go? Is Fox going to be on the team?
    I'm pretty sure Fox was cut a while ago...

Default Fox

Fox is still there. He scored a goal last night against Medicine Hat. He is a good bet to make the team.

As far as I know, Fiddler did not return to the team after leaving camp due to a death in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC
    Fox is still there. He scored a goal last night against Medicine Hat. He is a good bet to make the team.

As far as I know, Fiddler did not return to the team after leaving camp due to a death in the family.
    Forwards: Keegan Dansereau (88), Ian Duval (88), Ryan Fox (90), T.J. Galiardi (88), Bostjan Golicic (89), Devon Kalinski (90), Brandon Kozun (90), Ryan Letts (89), Carson McMillan (88), Adam Ross (87), Brendan Rowinski (90), Chase Schaber (91), Ian Schultz (90), Brett Sonne (89), Martin Stepan (89), Graham Telford (89), Ryan White (88)

Not much room for Fox though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton
    Forwards: Keegan Dansereau (88), Ian Duval (88), Ryan Fox (90), T.J. Galiardi (88), Bostjan Golicic (89), Devon Kalinski (90), Brandon Kozun (90), Ryan Letts (89), Carson McMillan (88), Adam Ross (87), Brendan Rowinski (90), Chase Schaber (91), Ian Schultz (90), Brett Sonne (89), Martin Stepan (89), Graham Telford (89), Ryan White (88)

Not much room for Fox though.
    Yes, probably three guys need to get let go off that list. You can all but scratch Telford as he has not impressed. Right now I'd question whether Adam Ross has done enough to earn an overage spot too; overage forwards should be able to play on your top two lines and whether Ross is good enough to do that in this group is questionable.

Assuming you take those two guys out, there's one more cut to make (barring a trade of course) and it will probably be one of the rookies: Fox, Kozun, Schaber, or Schultz. If I were picking, I think I would prefer to see them send Schaber back for a year as a go-to guy in midget; he'd only be 90 minutes up the road in Red Deer if they needed a quick call-up for a game here and there. The other option is to trade a forward, probably one of the 17 year olds (Fox, Kozun, Schultz, Kalinski) to somebody who has an opening since all of them are probably ready and capable of playing in the WHL this year.

I know you're hoping to see Fox come back to Prince Albert but I do think he is probably going to be in the WHL this season. Just my two bits anyway. Who owns his SJHL rights? Is it Flin Flon?

3 more Hitmen return from NHL camps.

Returning Players

Kassian Guest

Was Telford cut? I don't see him listed on the roster anymore.

Icon32

Telford was injured earlier in the week so he missed a couple of games. No word that he has been cut yet but t is expected that once everyone is back that he will be gone. Hasn't shown that he could keep up but has shown a willingness to rough it up.
    nhl nhl pbj nhl