Thread: Aaron Boogaard

Default Aaron Boogaard

Anybody hear about that fight clinic that Aaron and his bro Derek were putting on? I heard alot of parents fuming over it...I personally think it could possibly benefit kids...thats truly the only reason Derek is in the NHL and the only way Aaron will ever play Pro but is it a good thing or bad thing?

I'm sure the opinions will be pretty evenly split on this one. On one side are those who don't think there is a place for fighting in hockey, and a school like this only serves to perperuate an undesirable aspect of the game. The other side sees fighting as an inevitable part of the game, and figures that players are less likely to get hurt or hurt others if they are actually taught how to fight "properly."

My view is that as long as fighting is a part of the game, players should have the opportunity to learn how to do it.

Default Fuming?

Why would they be fuming over it? If they didn't want their kid going to it then they wouldn't enroll him.

Too many players get their first lesson in how to defend themselves when they are in a fight in a game. Not the time to try and learn. Those are the painful lessons.