Thread: Giants/Hawks Recap

Default Giants/Hawks Recap

Evt Tourney Scraps To Report Courtesy TIPMAN

I just got back from the Giants/Hawks game. Finally had a few scraps today. Cloud challenged McLaren in the 2nd and McLaren wasn't ready yet. In the 3rd he challenged Gabriel and they went at it. Cloud came in swinging lefts fast and furious and Gabriel stopped him in his tracks with a straight right. After that it was an in close fight with Cloud finally getting the takedown. I score it a draw with possible edge to Gabriel. Before that Wuchterl laid out Jordan with a hit and Jordan came back at him. Wuchterl acted like he was going to go and kinda faked dropping them while Jordan did drop his and landed a big right that put Wuchterl down before he could get the mitts off. Tri and Spoke had 3 this morning: Donaghey and Schmidt, Blackwater and McColm, and Esposito and Gorman. Blackwater slipped early in his and went down, that shouldn't have even been called a fight. Esposito got the better of Gorman. Both were throwing but Espo landed the better shots while Gorman seemed more intent on dodging punches than landing them. Donaghey probably got the better of Schmidt too. Pretty decent scrap with some good shots thrown. Donaghey landed the better ones and scored 2 goals in the game too. Off to the Tips/Birds game. I'll report more if there's anything worth reporting.

TIPMAN
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    . Before that Wuchterl laid out Jordan with a hit and Jordan came back at him. Wuchterl acted like he was going to go and kinda faked dropping them while Jordan did drop his and landed a big right that put Wuchterl down before he could get the mitts off.
    New handle for Wookie: Wuck-turtle!!

And no penalty called on him for that scrap, either. Are the zebras wearing Giants Underoos, or is Don Hay just signing their bonus checks??

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    Evt Tourney Scraps To Report Courtesy TIPMAN

I just got back from the Giants/Hawks game. Finally had a few scraps today. Cloud challenged McLaren in the 2nd and McLaren wasn't ready yet. In the 3rd he challenged Gabriel and they went at it. Cloud came in swinging lefts fast and furious and Gabriel stopped him in his tracks with a straight right. After that it was an in close fight with Cloud finally getting the takedown. I score it a draw with possible edge to Gabriel. Before that Wuchterl laid out Jordan with a hit and Jordan came back at him. Wuchterl acted like he was going to go and kinda faked dropping them while Jordan did drop his and landed a big right that put Wuchterl down before he could get the mitts off. Tri and Spoke had 3 this morning: Donaghey and Schmidt, Blackwater and McColm, and Esposito and Gorman. Blackwater slipped early in his and went down, that shouldn't have even been called a fight. Esposito got the better of Gorman. Both were throwing but Espo landed the better shots while Gorman seemed more intent on dodging punches than landing them. Donaghey probably got the better of Schmidt too. Pretty decent scrap with some good shots thrown. Donaghey landed the better ones and scored 2 goals in the game too. Off to the Tips/Birds game. I'll report more if there's anything worth reporting.

TIPMAN
    Dondo had the fight scoring a little bit different:

" The third period was filled with fisticuffs starting from the face-off of the final stanza, setting the tone for the period. Cody Esposito and Travis Gorman faced off trading blows and battling to a virtual draw. Later Mitch McColm and Spokane Chief Judd Blackwater squared off only to have Blackwater go down winding up to throw a punch. Donaghy tangled with Tyler Schmidt, which ended up being a nice battle back and forth before Schmidt got the marginal take-down. Tri-City looked a bit weak today and had a hard time coordinating their attack. Chief goalie 17 yr old James Reid faired well as turned away all but one shot. He wasn’t very busy, but was good when he had to be."

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander_Yank
    New handle for Wookie: Wuck-turtle!!

And no penalty called on him for that scrap, either. Are the zebras wearing Giants Underoos, or is Don Hay just signing their bonus checks??
    It was more of a sucker punch, too bad Jordan can't take a hit.
    Oh well,he got seven minutes and a game misconduct for his cheap shot. And Wookie got up laughing.

that's why they have three judges watching boxers HAF, but I stand by my observations, of course .

Interesting to find out what happened with Wookie, was curious about thew story their. More than any other sport you put your head down for a second or change focus you miss something. Watch a soccer game and fall asleep for 85 minutes and you can still feel like you've seen the game

can't find box scores where did you find them scout -- am I blind?

I think Donaghy got the Gordie Howe hat-trick as he added an assist in that game, surprisingly he was a scratch today. He's a keeper for the season me-thinks, more-so for the dimension he has to his game.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/